Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    aliceinwonderland Guest

Default LOVE my hotsling !!

SO, it arrived TODAY after just ordering it 3 days ago! Kristen was super nice and QUICK!
    I got the cherry blossom brocade with black: SO pretty. We already used it tonight. I think I'm using it wrong, though...I'll doub;e check the instructions on her site again...

Default RE: LOVE my hotsling !!

Ask if you have questions on wearing it! I use mine a lot too since I keep it in the diaper bag (since it folds up so small) and Ryan hates the stroller. I end up taking him out of the stroller and putting him in the sling while I use the stroller to hold my diaperbag. :)

It takes a little bit of practice to find what positions you like to use as well so don't get discouraged at all.
    Mom to R and R

rrosen is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Wow! I can't believe you got it so quickly! I ordered a week ago, all I have heard back was a paypal invoice. Did Kristen e-mail you after your order? Did you order an instock sling or custom?

Thanks!

And I am so glad you like yours. I can't wait to try mine out.

aliceinwonderland Guest

Well, because I am travelling for the next month+, I asked her before ordering how quckly she could get one to me. She said she would get it in the mail the next day, and she did! I placed my order after having confirmed that she could rush it for me :)

aliceinwonderland Guest

Default Debbi

It seems to be there's only one basic way to wear it with a little baby, no? For an older babe, I guess you could experiment...

I wonder where the sown area goes?? Not that it really matters, I just sort of put it on, put baby in it, and go. I was holding him with my hand too, but then I quit, as there's no way he would fall out, I don't think

cric is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I have a hotsling too. DS doesn't like it right now, but I keep trying! I'm hoping he'll like it more when I can use it as more of a hip sling. I keep looking at the Directions to see if I'm doing it right.
    Lynn - mom to 2 boys, Aaron (2-04) and Nate (2-06)

Default RE: Debbi

Please look at the directions or ask for help, because there are about 3 ways to wear it with a little baby and it makes a huge difference where the sewn part goes (as far as your comfort and how the baby will fit best, because it makes the pouch bigger). I'll try to find some good online pictures for you.

Heres a link to the Kangaroo Korner website who sells fleece pouches, that adjust with snaps. Just use the wearing directions the exact same way, and ignore the parts about the snaps. With a non-adjustable pouch (Hotsling) it doesn't matter which side you wear the sling on. But as you can see in the photos, with a baby your sons age, you can wear him:
    1) Cradle carry
    2) Tummy to tummy with feet out or in depending on his size.
    3) Kangaroo Carry facing out depending on neck strength and head control.

http://www.kangarookorner.com/k_how_afp.shtml
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

aliceinwonderland Guest

Default confused...

thanks for the link--
    I'm so confused about the terminology. it the sown part the "seam" or "open edges/bound egdes"??Both?

I'm most interested in the cradle position where baby can look out. SO far I have only managed a "hammock" type postion,where the baby is actually facing my breast...

thanks for any clarification!!

Default RE: confused...

Yes, the sewn part is the seam, and the two seperate bound edges are the open edges. Wear your pouch like a Mrs. America sash diagonally across your body, with the seam/curve at your hip (thats the little seat pouch), and the rest of the sling at your opposite shoulder. Then slide your baby in so they are laying inside between the two pieces of fabric, with their head up and body going with the curve of fabric.
    I don't have a newborn here to demonstrate, but maybe I can use a teddy bear tommorow if DH will take pictures!
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

aliceinwonderland Guest

Default AMY!

Thanks so much!! Pictures would be AWESOME if you can spare the time. I tried doing this yesterday (baby was awake, wanted to place him so he could see outside), but I kept having to fold over the outer piece of cloth, as it covered his little face...Tried propping him up too, but you know, gravity!

Thanks again for the info!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast