audreyrub Guest

Default Does anyone like the New Native Sling?

I got one as a gift, but I've heard so many recommendations for other slings, and not this one. If you've used the NN, did you like it? Can you give me pros and cons? Thanks.

JerseyMom Guest

Default RE: Does anyone like the New Native Sling?

I have it and didn't like it. It isn't adjustable and in the world of baby carrying, the better the fit = the more comfortable you are for longer. I do know crafty people who were able to dart it or let it out so it fit well for them and they like it. Fit is the key.

I loved my Kangaroo Korner Adjustable Fleece Pouch. It is adjustable and once you have the fit down, you don't have to adjust it anymore. It is very comfortable and much easier to use than a sling.

I got one as a gift and we've loved it. I would never have chosen the colour, but it's worked great for us, with all the advantages and disadvantages you get with any non-adjustable pouch style. Quick and easy, not intimidating, takes up no space, not as flexible as a ring sling, not useful for nursing.

My dd lived in my NN sling until she was about 6 months old. We LOVED it! It is so comfortable and she was just snug as a bug in there. I liked it because it has no padding, no rings, is exteremly simple and easy to use. I could toss it in my diaper bag and use it anytime. I really liked that all I had to do was put it over my head and plop Abby in. I did use the pillow when she was first born for a little more support. It was wonderful for nursing.

I now use an Ergo baby carrier as my dd is almost 2 but can't wait until the next baby comes along so I can use my NN again.

HTH!
    Niki

I thought the NN was great for a newborn. We never pull it out now that DD is older though.

jakobsmommie Guest

I just found one of these at a garage sale for $5.

My SIL has it, and LOVES hers!
    I'm so glad I found this, I wouldn't have wanted to pay $40 for a new one.

I hope I can nurse in this one!
    I absolutely hated the OTSBH.
    I had heard such great things about the Moby Wrap, but haven't bought one just yet. I might still!