hudsonam is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default When do you use your wrap?

I'm just wondering when you use a wrap style carrier, which would seem to involve a bit of time to get all that fabric wrapped around you and situated. I am planning to start out with a KKAFP and go to a Sutemi later, but I'm still intrigued by carriers like the Ella Roo or Moby Wrap, and I'm wondering if it would be something I'd use a lot, or if it would prove to be too much of a hassle. TIA!

Default RE: When do you use your wrap?

I used my Moby a lot when DS was 1-3mo old, and wanted to carry him for a long time, hands free. I think it is superior to a pouch that way. I have a mom and me hemp fleece pouch we also used a lot when he was tiny, and will break out again this fall. So, with the MOby, you can tie it on once, and wear it around, popping baby in and out. I did this on errands frequently. Also, it was great when my sister dragged me to the Mall of America. I wore him for 6 or 7 hours, and my legs were tired, but my back did not hurt! Nice for chores around the house, too. My DS would just sleep happy as a clam in there. I have a Sutemi, too, and that is great now, at 5mo, but wouldn't have been useful until probably 3.5-4mo.
    Tarah
    Mama to the Forrest Creature 3/04 and Baby Ber 4/07
    "All true wealth is biological" Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

lizamann Guest

I've been using wraps for over a year now with my 15 month dd. I use them for transportation nearly everyday - I walk and take public transport a lot, so this is mainly how we get around. Honestly, if I were living a car-based existence, I don't think I'd be using a lot of wraps. The KKAFP rocks for that!

I also use the wrap anytime I'll be going somewhere I'll need to carry dd for a long time - street festivals, the zoo, shopping for an extended period of time...

murpheyblue2 Guest

You get the hang of a wrap surprisingly quickly. It's not as cumbesome to put on after a few tries as you might think. I use my Moby a lot when I'm running errands, e.g. going to the bank, the deli, the drugstore. I just put it on and leave it on and pop DD in and out at each stop.

hudsonam is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Which wrap would you all recommend? I'm looking at the Ella Roo and Moby. Or is the Maya better? The Ellla Roo looks like it would be the most supportive, and I have a bad back, so that's important, but it's also a lot more expensive.

bjsgirl Guest

Just to piggyback on this topic, I'm also wondering about the best wrap to get. I tried to make my own, but the fabric wasn't stretchy enough. Then I saw the Ultimate Baby Wrap, but I wonder if that's too stretchy. So now I'm looking at the Moby.

Thanks,
    Sarah

murpheyblue is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have a Moby and love it but scroll down a bit and you will see a post comparing the two.

i have a moby and love it. i tried to do a sling and DD just never liked being held that way. the moby is very simple to use (take all of 30secs once you get the hang of it - took me about 60secs. the 1st time!) and as the other ladies said, can be worn even when your child is out. it's even easier to put a baby in than a baby bjorn cause once you have it on, no buckles or snap to work with. i just make sure i put it on a bit tight so that when it stretches (and it doesn't stretch that much, really) it still fits right. its also the best priced wrap, if i'm not mistaken and yet i can't see why...i think it must be just as good as any of the others.