Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    bridgetb125 Guest

Default RE: Got my hotsling, don't know if I'm wearing it correctly

If you are having trouble with the pouch covering too much of your shoulder you can fold it. Start with the fabric closest to your shoulder and fold it in half, under towards your neck. I hope I explained it good enough for you to understand. My son is also 4 months old and I put him in the cradle position. You need to put him in a more upright position so he is able to look out. Then you can tuck the outer pouch rail under his arm. That will help him to be able to see out. Also I have to cross my sons legs for him to fit in the pouch. Let me know if you need more help.

Sonya, Thank you! I will log on in the morning and go through your instructions (which are great btw) and try it again. The picture really helps alot. Your ds looks to be the same size as mine, it's a good reference. I will update you.

Thanks again for all of your help.
    Priscilla

lampes Guest

I have a four month old and we do two carries with the hotsling. We do the front facing and the side facing.

Front Facing:

I place the seam of the hotsling at the midpoint of my chest. Hold the baby with both hands in front of me. With my left hand holding the baby against my chest, I fold her little legs in (so that one foot is over the other) with my right hand. Then, I hold her legs in and her butt with one hand and open the sling pocket with my other and slide her down. The sling fabric may slightly cover her one side and I just tuck that under her arm. Then I do the shoulder flip which is taking the excess fabric on the shoulder and flipping it over the shoulder cap.

Side Facing:

This is (I feel) the most secure and it is kind of a modification of the carry hold. Place the seam of the hotsling under the nipple of the breast opposite the shoulder from where the sling will hang. Then take the baby in a sitting position with legs crossed and slide her in so that the baby's back is toward the middle of the sling pocket and her legs are toward the hip. The legs should be crossed. My baby looks out of the sling by turning her head and upper body.

Will try to take some photos tonight.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Sonya,

Thanks for the description about the shoulder part and also for the pic! BTW, your baby is so cute (I'm partial to asian babies, of course) and you look just fine in that pic! :) It's not uncommon for me to still be wearing pj's by the early afternoon!

Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

laurajaney Guest

OK -- one other stupid question: Do I wear the sling on the right shoulder or the left shoulder?

Thanks!

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Whichever feels right to you. I prefer to wear mine on the right shoulder.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

katenyc Guest

Whatever's better for you. I usually wear dd on my left shoulder to keep my right hand free (so I can type ;-)).

cric is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I was having trouble with mine for a while too. I just went to the site and the directions are still on there. There is a link under picture of Kristin and her babe. It still took me several attempts to figure it out. I can only do the hip carry right now.

BTW, mine doesn't have a tag? I'm kind of glad though, it would have just confused me!
    Lynn - mom to 2 boys, Aaron (2-04) and Nate (2-06)

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Thanks, I did go back to her site and reviewed her directions. It helped a bit. The problem is, I am really wondering if my sling is maybe too tight. My baby seems like he is uncomfortable and the top part of the pouch is pretty tight up against his neck. It kind of makes me nervous. He has been worn in a sling plenty of times and never seemed uncomfy until this time, so I am thinking maybe the sling is too small. :(
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

amaryl02 Guest

Just in case you want more information, the hotsling website isn't really closed. Instead of typing in www.hotslings.com, try www.hotslings.com/store/
    That will take you to the full site.

Hope that helps,
    Amaryl

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast