s7714 is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Default OT: Hey someone else does carry in my city!

How sad is it that I actually got excited this morning about finally seeing someone else in my town using a non-Bjorn carrier? Bjorns are all over the place here (and hey, I admit I have used them in the past too), but today was the first time I'd seen anyone (other than myself) in my town using a sling or wrap carrier. And to top it off, it was a DAD carrying a baby in a lovely fleece pouch while walking a dog.

Maybe one of these days there'll be more sling/wrap wearing parents in my town, so I'll stop getting so many strange looks from all the Bjorn-wearing or car seat toting mommas I pass by in the store! ;) (And I mean no disrespect to mom's who use Bjorns or car seats--I've used them too...I'm just happy to see someone else using a sling/wrap!)

Jennifer
    Mommy to
    Annalia 3/03
    Sophia 6/05

jhaud Guest

Default RE: OT: Hey someone else does carry in my city!

I totally understand!! I get the strangest looks when people see me carrying dd in a mei tei (except for at the commisary where i think i get nostalgic looks from some of the older asain ladies!)

i also got strange looks and comments when using a sling... when dd was in kangaroo carry, my nick name was kanga-moo (instead of bessie - meant most affectionately i'm sure for my breast feeding self!)

we have a new baby in our church that came his first few times in a rather industrial looking sling and i was quite excitable when i first saw both the momma and daddy using it! besides them i have never seen anyone using anything other than baby bjorn or similar or car seat.

so, no, it is not sad... we just want everyone to know the joy and convenience of baby wearing!

jennifer
    genevieve's mom 8/04