Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    kimlin Guest

Default RE: www.sachicarriers.com.

Has anyone used a MeiTai with a larger/older baby? I'd like to get some opinions from anyone who has used it with a baby/toddler over 20 pounds and over 30 inches tall. What do you think is the maximum weight and height for using the MeiTai comfortably?

Thanks!
    Doris

ismommy Guest

Hi Doris,
    I have used my kozy(a meitai style) with Bella who is 35 inches and 24 pounds in the back carry. She loves it and it was comfortable. I walked around with her in it in Ikea when I was 5 months pregnant. I am not sure about the weigh/height limits on the sachis. Email Lisa and ask her she is wonderul
    Helene
    mommy to Isabella
    baby x EDD 1/11/05

dramamama04 Guest

Hi, DSi is 3 weeks old and I am looking into buying the blue silk mei tai for him. Is he too young for it? And also what is the difference between a ring sling and the mei tai? What are the uses for both? TIA

does anyone have any more input about toddlers 20+ lbs. using these carriers? and are they still offering co-op prices? thanks!

and does anyone have an opinion as to how they compare to the ergo? thanks again!

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I used a mei tai quite comfortably with my 31lb toddler last winter at WDW. I don't like the back carry at his size, but carried him in front for over an hour with no discomfort.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The coop was last fall (Sept 04) so no more coop prices. Bummer!

~ deb
    DS born at home 12/03

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

kimlin Guest

Hi!

I posted earlier, asking about carrying larger babies/toddlers.

I've been using the Sachi Carrier, holding my toddler on my back for a while now, and it's great! She's now 25 pounds and 34 inches. It's much more comfortable than a rigid frame backpack-style carrier, which we also have. When I use the backpack, it's not long before I feel the weight bearing down. But the Sachi distributes the weight all over your body, since the straps criss-cross the front of your body. Don't get me wrong - of course there's a 25 pound kid on your back and you're going to feel it, but it doesn't pinch at all, and you don't feel the weight pressing only on your shoulders and hips like you do with the rigid frame backpack. Also, the Sachi Carrier weighs almost nothing, while the backpack probably weighs 5 pounds when it's empty.

I was afraid to make my own carrier at first, but after I ordered the Sachi carrier I realized it was rather simple. I then made a homemade Asian-style carrier using the pattern at sleepingbaby.net and it turned out great and it cost less than $10 for the fabric. I used some fleece fabric scraps to make the optional padding in the top straps. Both the Sachi carrier and my homemade have been great for our 25-pound toddler!

Doris

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4