Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    ismommy Guest

Default RE: also

I havent gotten the prices yet. I think she is waiting on us to get 5 and I am losing hope. I really like the red second I got but feel like I should wait to see if the co-op happens - I cant justify full price for the kiwi. Its been crazy here tday so I know what you mean. I will keep everyone posted and fingesr crossed that we get the 5.
    I will ask Amy about posting on the yahoo group but I had asked about a BBB discount since this is my place and feel comfortable doing it for you all.
    Helene
    mommy to Isabella
    baby x EDD 1/11/05

NEVE and TRISTAN Guest

Default how many do we have???

???
    Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
    * EDD 3/19/05 IT'S A GIRL
    * Adopting siblings in Ukraine 1/05

http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan

ismommy Guest

Default RE: how many do we have???

We have 3 definite. One person I haven't heard back from and someone has contacted Amy.
    How are you doing Neve? Its been quite a day here.
    Helene
    mommy to Isabella
    baby x EDD 1/11/05

NEVE and TRISTAN Guest

Default Hey call me if you need to talk

Do you have my number...I was without a phone today (whihc was rather nice) our two year old phone died and since we bought it at Sams I thought "take it back" and they let us get a new one!!!!!

So minus phone today new one charging thru night but tomorrow I'll have one...
    Call me if you need to chat or send me your number and I'll call you!!!
    We have time to drum up 5 people...it will be her loss if she doesn't do the co-op...and if we pick out great fabric I would love to give Rev Jan the business so we can go that route. I've always admired what folks have to say about her and all...so lets go that route...
    Where do we get the fabric...she might know!!!!!

ismommy Guest

Default RE: Hey call me if you need to talk

Neve,

Once again your sweetness comes through. I don't have your number email and tell me when is okay to call. I am okay - as is baby x but I started having contractions last night and of course DH is away.Anyway had a sonogram and everything checked out but I am still having them whenever I stand. So thats what my day has been - as I sadi we are ok but Im alway up for a gabfest plus I want to know the latest on your adoption.
    That would be great if we can find the fabric. I think the silk shantug would be easy enough to find - not sure about the details on the kiwi one. I am going to email and let Amy know we are at 3 so if she doesn't want to hold the kiwi one I understand.

Helene
    mommy to Isabella
    baby x EDD 1/11/05

zen_bliss is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: co-op for gorgeous silk ring slings *Update*

ah, yes, you should post there or here http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BabywearingSWAP i'm certain you'll get a few more confirmed buyers.

www.thaisilks.com has a good selection of brocades. i haven't looked there lately to see if they have the bright colors in shantungs & charmeuses. and, there's eBay. that's where i got my red-orange & apple silks. as neve pointed out, rev jan does a wonderful job. my slings are on her gallery page, and they are the most comfortable, durable (washable), and easy to adjust slings i've had.

ismommy Guest

I have looked at ebay but nothing similar. I just went to thai silks and wonder if they dye the silks colors? If I send the link to Reverend Jan would she copy the sling for me? WOuld I have to find the fabric or can she find it? I was also thinking of asking Lisa at sachicarriers who I have been speaking to. I just didnt know the ethics of asking someone to make a sling so like that one.
    Helene
    mommy to Isabella
    baby x EDD 1/11/05

NEVE and TRISTAN Guest

Rev Jan probably knows of some sources too for us to find the silk, and Zen is a walking rolodex of where to find good things are good prices so I will search that site she mentioned too...

I still think this gal will give us co-op pricing knowing this is an excellent ad for her business.

I think I was the first to mention zolo here on the boards way back when, and see how such things can grow...
    So if this gal knew about our group etc... it would be a very wise business move her I think...

ismommy Guest

Neve,
    We are now up to 4. I am going to call and talk to Amy as opposed to email and see if she will go for it. If not we can try the rev. jan route or see if we can get one more.
    I am waiting to hear back from Amy. Meanwhile I was looking at some fabric places and found a great daisy silk and a beautiful fuschia so I emailed Lisa at sachicarriers and Reverend Jan about custom orders. Also one of my best friend's sisters is an excellent seamstress who might be getting into the sling business so I might try that route. I will keep everyone posted. And Neve I will make sure you get a gorgeous fuschia sling no matter which way we go:)
    Helene
    mommy to Isabella
    baby x EDD 1/11/05

Rikkele Guest

I am about 75% sure I want in on this! DH said I could get one. But I am still trying to convince myself I really need this since I was going to order one from sachicarriers too. I am waiting for a response to an email I sent to Amy. I was just concerned about the dye in the silk running. DD is VERY drooly and with my current sling she gets the top rail soaking wet. I really love the fuschia but don't want the color to bleed onto my clothes. These look so dressy and I really never dress up much anymore. But they are so beautiful I can't resist. Which one is everyone getting? I also really like the white cotton and the sky blue chambray. Can you believe I went to the fabric store and they didn't know what chambray was? I wanted to see this fabric because I don't know what it is.
    I had pretty much written off silk as being too hot here in Florida but was excited to hear that Amy lives here and is able to wear them. I want to try to make a decision by tomorrow since I will be going out of town till Monday but really want an answer to my email before deciding. Will let you know....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast