luvmy2girlz29 Guest

Default Anyone have an EllaRoo?

I'm new here and need some help with my EllaRoo. I kind of bought it on a whim because it was such a good deal without realizing you can't wear baby facing out. I just assumed you could b/c you can in a Moby (also have). Oops, silly me! What position is the most comfortable for you? Also, does anywhere use it with a toddler? Thanks in advance. I look forward to chatting.

Korrie

shindagrl Guest

Default RE: Anyone have an EllaRoo?

I usually use the wrap front cross carry, but will be using it a lot more when I can carry her on my back (she's 2 mos. old and not really into it yet, but loves front carries). I've carried her facing out in it; I just tied it like a Moby. I don't know if you've been there or not, but www.mamatoto.com has directions for all the different carries. Don't give up on your wrap yet! My Ellaroo is my favorite carrier for long trips or working around the house.

For a toddler, I'd definitely use the back carries, rucksack or Tibetian. Getting Elise on my back is a challenge right now (but doable), and it sure would be nice if she could hang on while I struggle with the ties the first few times!

HTH!

lizamann Guest

Default RE: Anyone have an EllaRoo?

You can do the Ellaroo facing out, just the same as you would the Moby. I don't do it very often, though, in either carrier, since I prefer facing in.

I use my Ellaroo all the time with my 16 month old toddler. I tend to prefer the wrap cross carries on front and back, and I absolutely love the hip cross carry these days - I find that it's way more comfy than a ring sling or pouch. Oddly enough, I think I find it more comfy even than a front or back wrap cross carry, which doesn't make a lot of sense since it only goes over one shoulder.

But I adore my Ellaroo! Any other questions? I love talking about it!