shindagrl Guest

Default Showering technique question

Okay, we've figured out the wet part! I've recently acquired a Solarveil ring sling, and DD is SOOOOOO good in the shower---she's a true water baby. The only time she cries is when we're transitioning from shower to both of us drying off. Right now I just have an adult-sized hoodie towel for her (which is FABULOUS, BTW, for any of you enterprising SAHM's out there), and I don't know how to get her out of the sling/in a towel/someplace safe while I dry off without getting water all over the floor from my sling-wearing, dripping self. I plan on buying one of Kristi's towel pouches in the near future, and that seems even more confusing!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! TIA............

vee_mckenzie Guest

Default RE: Showering technique question

Not sure about the technique. Your baby doesn't mind the shower? Do you let the water go in the face? Which carrier are you using - I'd love to try this with my little one - same age as yours.

Is your DH not there for the hand off?

Lay a towel on your bed. Get out of the shower and slip a bathrobe on. Run as fast as you can to your room and put baby on to towel. Slip the sling off and dry yourself off.

Probably not the best method but all I can come up with now, lol!
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

shindagrl Guest

Elise loves the shower; the only part she doesn't like is the getting-out part. Water sometimes sprays in her face accidently and it doesn't faze her (although I do keep a dry washcloth hanging over the shower curtain to dry her). Currently I'm using a Solarveil ring sling, but I'm really tempted to try a Wise Woman water mesh sling/pouch, as I'm just not feeling the love for ring slings in general. Don't hate 'em, and they have their place, but they're the last one I reach for with everyday use.

What I've tried recently works, although she still cries. I turn the water off, take the sling off and hold her, and put a huge thick terry cloth robe on. I then can focus on getting her dry without flooding the bathroom. I put her one the bed all wrapped up, and then finish drying myself off. Hubby and I generally work opposite days, so he's usually not here when we shower. When he is, I utilize him and things go a lot more smoothly.

I've been wearing DD since the day after she was born, so she's used to it and very much likes it. I think when I take her out of the sling in the shower, she feels less secure with me just holding her, and that may be one reason for the tears. Give it a whirl....it's faster than taking separate baths, and fun!

i've been showering w/ my baby since early on without a sling or anything. i even bought a mesh one but never used it so i'll try to sell it. i just put him in his FP bouncy seat while i shower then reach out and get him. After he is clean we just step out together and dry off. Sure, i get a little chilly while i'm drying him off and diapering, but it's just for a minute.:) it's very easy!