Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    murpheyblue2 Guest

Default RE: What's in your sling collection?

-Baby Bjorn
    -OTSBH
    -Zolo cotton sling
    -Fuschia silk Oopababy sling
    -Moby Wrap
    -Kozy

They've all been very well used (with the exception of the Bjorn) and served me well. I love them all for different purposes. I use my ring slings the most around the house and for versatility when I'm out. I use my Moby predominantly for hip carries on errand runs and my Kozy for when DD is tired or for back carries.

lizamann Guest

Well I have too many to list, but your collection looks really great!

Sounds like more back carries are in your near future. Some good back carriers are:

*a podaegi - Ellaroo has some beauties. Love the sakura orange!
    You haven't mastered your Ellaroo yet, but if you wanted to expand your wrap options, then:
    *a really cushy woven wrap, like a Storchenweige, Didymos, or Girasol

These aren't back carriers, but are missing from your collection:
    *a fleece pouch
    *a microfleece wrap (you might have to make this since I don't think there are any on the market right now - just buy 5 yards of 60" wide microfleece, cut it into three 20" wide pieces, sell two of them, and you have the snuggliest winter carrier ever)

As far as my favorites? I tend toward wraps these days. They change on a constant basis, but right now I love my 3.6 m Storchenweige for hip carries and the rucksack. And I broke out the microfleece wrap as soon as the temperature dipped and remembered how much I love snuggling in that. As far as wearing a carrier over a winter coat, I'm thinking my favorite for that will be a mei tai.

In my defense, counselor, my DS outweighs Neel, at 8mo!!!! And he likes being carried, A LOT.

(Just a joking post...)
    Tarah
    Mama to the Forrest Creature 3/04 and Baby Ber 4/07
    "All true wealth is biological" Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

shamrock Guest

I have a KKAFP and love it. I also have a Maya Wrap sling and love it too.

I think I need a wrap too!

RwnMayfair Guest

Hmmmm, let's see if I can remember them all...

Baby Bjorn
    2 Maya MamaBaby slings
    Maya Adjustable Pouch
    2 Hotslings (one in solarveil)
    2 Mom and Me Pouches
    Hug-a-bub
    a silk sling from Oopa baby
    a Kozy

I think that's all, but it wouldn't surprise me if I've forgotten something.

We currently use one of the Mom and Me pouches and the Kozy the most right now. He lived in the Baby Bjorn when he was first born (though I didn't have any of the others then either), though he started getting too heavy for it at about 3 months. Too heavy in that he was uncomfortable, not that he was at the weight limit.

I plan on selling at least the MamaBaby slings, the adjustable pouch, the hotslings, and one of the Mom and Me pouches just because I don't honestly think I really need all of the carriers we currently have. (I certainly don't need two Mom and Me pouches! They're the exact same thing, just in different colors.) And yet despite the fact that I have so many, I keep seeing others I want. I'm going to try to make myself wait until the next baby to get any more though!

-Melissa

Taran, November 20, 2003

http://lilypie.com/baby1/041120/0/15/0/-5/.png
    http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbo...n_amber_9m.gif - Eleven months and counting!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3