Thread: My new KKAFP

Judegirl Guest

Default My new KKAFP

I haven't been on this board in awhile, mostly because I finally figured out my cotton hotsling (LOL) and there wasn't really much more to say or ask after that...I thought the whole carrier thing was nice, but nothing to get passionate about.

And THEN I got my AFP. This thing is GORGEOUS. And so comfy...and how it manages to make me look good in it is beyond me. I loved putting dd in it - it just felt wonderful - to both of us, I think.

Nothing against my hotsling; it did the job and was a great first pouch - inexpensive, sturdy, and Kristen was great. And her fleece pouches are probably just as nice, but I decided to go with the AFP once the weather got cooler and I knew I liked the carrying thing.

Wow. Buttery soft, a beautiful color (bordeaux) and I just love it. My poor, poor Zippy. :(

Will it stay this soft when I wash it?

Thanks for turning me on to these things!
    Jude

Default RE: My new KKAFP

Gee, I could be you in a few months! I am going to order my first pouch soon and am between the Hotsling, the KKAFP, and a mama's milk invisibly adjusting pouch. I didn't remember liking the colors on Kangaroo Korner, but bordeaux is what I am looking for. And I too wonder how people can get addicted to pouches, although my extensive research has started to make me understand. You see a sling with this feature here, that fabric there, that functionality there, and you start to think, "Well, I want that.. and that... so I guess I have to order two... is that really as great as they say? I can order it and try it..."

Advice and commentary on living overseas

DD1 15, DD2 12, and DS 9

nov02mom Guest

I think you have hit on a fabulous combination!!!!! I use my Hotsling in the spring summer and my KKAFP during the fall/winter. I would have a hard time getting rid of either one!!!!
    Kristen

babymama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

>Wow. Buttery soft, a beautiful color (bordeaux) and I just
    >love it. My poor, poor Zippy. :(

LOL! Jude - My DS is so used to being worn now at 1 year, that he will only rarely go into a stroller or grocery cart seat (and that's w/ lots of coaxing). Even when he's in the stroller/cart, his max time limit is about 20 minutes.

Happy baby wearing!

Lydia
    Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

hudsonam is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I am addicted and DS isn't even here yet (next week, I hope!). :-) I got a Cuddly Wrap and a Mamma's Milk pouch, but I kept wanting a fleece pouch, and I just ordered a Peekaboo one today. I can't wait to use it! I think the fleece will be the way to go with a newborn, but my MM is adjustable, so that'll serve it's own purpose, as will the CW. Glad I'm not alone!