JLiebCamm Guest

Default Which is best for a newborn: KKAFP, Zolo, or Kozy?

I'm hoping to eventually have all three of these slings. So far, I've acquired the Zolo and Kozy through the swap boards. But I keep missing out on the KKAFP! With baby due in 6 weeks, I'm considering just buying a brand new one if it would be the best one to have early on. But if one of the other ones would be a good alternative, I might just keep watching for a used one. Does anyone have a strong opinion about which one will suit me best in the beginning?

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Which is best for a newborn: KKAFP, Zolo, or Kozy?

I think of those three, the KKAFP is best for newborns. The Zolo would work well, too, though.

The Kozy is better for older babes, once they have control of their head.

Are you a member of babywearing swap? You might be able to score one there, especially if you put out an ISO.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BabywearingSWAP/

~ deb
    Mommy to my sweet boy
    B born 12/03
    http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10023.jpg http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

Out of those three (I've had all 3), I would also pick the KKAFP first. I love mine. It is so easy to use. It is so comfortable and snuggly especially for a winter baby. My husband and I are also able to share the pouch because of its adjustability. Then you will definitely have to get a Zolo and Kozy eventually especially during the warmer months as the KKAFP can get a little warm. Plus, I find that I pick different carriers based on the situation. They are all so different, but all so great!

HTH,
    Tereasa

JLiebCamm Guest

I do belong. I'll have to try there. Thanks!

shopaholic Guest

I loved my fleece pouch with my last baby. I have a Zolo which I used constantly once the baby was able to sit up a little better.

Noah LIVED in our KKAFP for the first six months of his life. It was a God send. I had a few ring slings too including a Zolo, but the pouch was the way to go almost all the time. Run, run, run and get one now. You won't regret it!
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

mom2jasper Guest

I asked a similar question a few weeks ago and took the advice I got here and got the kkafp, my 10 week old loooves it. it's easy. comfy, and if he's fussy, my DH says should I go get the "secret weapon"? Never fails--he calms right down and usually falls asleep--I agree--you NEED this sling, you won't think twice about the cost even full price once you start using it!

Robin