AJs Mommy Guest

Default Help - Which Baby Bjorn for a BIG DAD?

I have a Bjorn which I love and my Husband wants his own; but, as an x-college football player who is over 6ft talll and not at all slim... can he possibly squeeze into a Bjorn Active Carrier (we like the lumbar support feature & higher wt limit) or would the XL Bjorn be larger? P.S. Our baby hates all my slings, so front carriers are our top choice.
    Thanks for your help!

pittsburghgirl Guest

Default RE: Help - Which Baby Bjorn for a BIG DAD?

My DH is 6'4" and played football also, so he has a wide chest. (A bit of a tire, but not too bad.) He did ok with the XL Bjorn although there wasn't a lot of leftover strap. (I used the same one at 5'7" and lots of baby weight.) The Active wasn't available when DS was born so we didn't try it.

Another option to consider - the Baby Trekker, although I don't know how long/adjustable the straps are. This can also be used on the back which is nice when baby gets bigger. (We had to stop using our Bjorn about 5 months; DS was too heavy.) There is also the Ergo and Sutemi (which are "manly" looking) but those don't allow for front-facing; however, the carrying position is better for baby's spine instead of being dangled by the crotch.)

Marilee
    mommy to James
    http://lilypie.com/baby1/050120/1/0/1/-5/.png