brigmaman is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Ah....Saartje...

Sarah, or anyone...
    Getting babe in the pouch is easy now. So...any tips on getting her out? (asleep) ;-)

Default RE: Ah....Saartje...

You can try to lean over and take it off over your head, while supporting Cadie with one arm, and laying her down still sort of still in the pouch. Or, you could unsnap it, but that always woke DS up. At Cadie's age, my DS would often stay asleep if I just plucked him out under the arms...
    Tarah
    Mama to the Forrest Creature 3/04 and Baby Ber 4/07
    "All true wealth is biological" Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

Saartje is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Ah....Saartje...

If I want Isaac to be on my bed, I lie down on the bed with him still in the sling so that the bed is supporting his weight. Then I carefully slip the sling off over my head and leave him in the pouch, arranging it so he won't get tangled up if he moves.

If I want him to be in his crib, or just don't want the sling around him when I'm not going to be right there, I sit down and lean forward so his weight rests on my legs. I slip the sling off over my head, and then slip on arm under him inside the sling. As I stand, I very carefully peel the sling off him with my other hand. (I usually don't slip it the rest of the way off his legs until I lay him down, but if it's not off his body before he's lying down, there's no getting it off without waking him.)

Timely question: I just put him in the sling and am rocking him to sleep as I type.