KBecks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default KKAFP baby positioning question

I have a KKAFP and have used it a few times with Alek. However, I have a hard time getting him into the sling, and end up with him in a lying-down cradle position, which he seems to do OK in.

However, the instructions say do do the cradle more upright, which I haven't got the hang of yet.

Is there any problem with the more horizontal position, and any advice for how to get the baby in better?

I don't think the issue is sizing, as I can fit him in the sling. However, lifing the baby and holding the pouch open at the same time is a trick I haven't got down yet.

Practice, practice, I guess.
    Karen, mom to three beautiful boys, 10/2004, 7/2006 and 10/2008!
    trying to spend less time online, doh!

*I regret choosing circumcision for my sons.*
    Our new arrival is NOT circed.

Default RE: KKAFP baby positioning question

The lying down cradle is fine, if Alek likes it. Even if he is totally swallowed in the sling, very cozy for a tiny one. My DS didn't like that! We used the tummy to tummy position. I'd pick him up on my L shoulder, and rest him there. Open pouch with R hand, and slide him down into the pouch, feet first. I never paid attention to how his little leggies folded, he was SOO comfy. Here's a pic, at two or three weeks old.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/18186.jpg
    Tarah
    Mama to the Forrest Creature 3/04 and Baby Ber 4/07
    "All true wealth is biological" Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan