Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default RE: Cradle hold for bigger babes PICS

You should archive this somewhere on a site. This visual representation is very helpful. All this reading about slings is making me reminiscent about wearing my ds, and now I want a baby just to have an excuse to wear the many slings I have! LOL!

I haven't tried many of the carries you took pictures of, but now I wish I could. At 26 lbs, I really am not carrying my ds in slings much; I don't carry him much at all.

Your baby looks adorable in the sling and in his outfit!
    Megulis
    Mother of 2 boys & girl, 9/03, 1/06, & 8/08

hapahaolegirl Guest

Thank you so much for posting these pics! I have a hotsling but I have been trying to figure out other ways to hold DD. I could not figure out the hip carry for the life of me. Thank you!

Kristen

quikeye Guest

Thanks all for the kind words-- I've saved copies of the pics for myself (too many pics of ds... yay for digicam!), maybe when i get reading about ftp I'll figure out how to upload a new page to my website or blog. I have a ball wearing ds and love showing him off in his pouches/carriers... When I wear him, people more and more address Kai & say "Oh! You're not going to fit anymore! You'll have to go in your stroller!" and I just think, maybe I'll keep carrying him til he's eighteen (DH's and my running joke). I'd need a bigger pouch then, though. :)

Couldn't love the pouches more-- I thought I would retire them once I got my kozy, but it's been all pouch all the time around here since it got cold. And esp my mom and me... so cozy for both of us.

Let me know if you want any other pics or explanations & I'll try to be more explicit.

Kristen, I'm a hapahaole grrl too! :) w00t...

These pictures really are great! What an excellent resource.

Alas - after all of the awesome advice and pics that you posted - I think I may have to sell my pouch :(.

I contacted Jen at mnm and asked her some questions about my pouch and about possibley exchanging it - and found out that all Ebay sales are final. She gave me some tips to try - a lot of the same stuff you said. But the bottom line is - I got the wrong size. I told her my measurements and she said that I am at the large end of a small (which is what I got). But I know now that I need a medium!

Oh well. I will probably list it on Ebay or post a msg on the thebabywearer.com

I am pretty bummed! x(

The pictures of you and Kai are so great - you guys look so cozy. I'll just get another pouch.

In your opinion, the mnm pouches are the comfiest? I have been reading about the KKAFP on this board - and people are raving about them. I'm wondering if I should try another kind - or just get a new mnm in MEDIUM!

Thanks again for all of your pictures. I know I will keep referring back to them for awhile.
    Michelle
    Mom to Quinn and Willa

quikeye Guest

Bummer about it being the wrong size :( But, I bet you could find a buyer pretty easily at www.thebabywearer.com, www.mothering.com, groups.yahoo.com/babywearingSWAP, groups.yahoo.com/BBBswap or you could always email the people who bid on the pouch on ebay & offer it to them @ a small discount from your cost or what their bid price was. I'd VERY MUCH recommend using babywearingSWAP or BBBswap, I've bought/sold from both lists and had a great experience in general.

I *love* my mnm. I have a kkafp but rarely wear it. Find it too warm in my climate (except right now), since we get reasonably warm days. My reasoning (totally my opinion only, as the kkafp has many fans & is a great product):
    * I prefer the hemp, as it's cooler, dyed one of my favorite colors (yay!), and I like supporting the hemp industry in practice. The kkafp has a great "grip" on babe and molds well, stretches less (as it's not a natural fiber & will return to it's shape once babe is out)-- but I still prefer the mnm. As far as color, dh loves when I wear ds in this one, so of course it makes me love it more than my kkafp (which I don't even know if he knows that I own).
    *The rails on the mnm have come in handy for me now -- I use them now to hold babe's head in cradle (see above) and behind his shoulders and it's nice having that padding instead of the seam of the kkafp. Now as I wear on hip/t2t the rails pad under babe's legs, the rail is a nice padding against his legs.
    *The shoulder on the mnm is thinner, where the kkafp's is longer & goes over the cap of your shoulder. I find it very comfortable, but prefer to not lose the use of my arm as I do w/ the kkafp. That's my tradeoff...

Plus, I loved working w/ Jen in making my pouches (I had 2 but sold one, as I really like the orange). She's super and I liked supporting her business (nothing against KK, I just preferred working w. a WAHM to create a personal item -- same as I liked ordering my custom diaper bag from WW. It's just that I own nothing else that's custom, and I like that this is (special) :)

But, the KKAFP is great! I would just buy the one that appeals to you visually if the differences aren't a big deal to you. Totally check out babywearingswap-- you may even find a med mnm on there. I think you ahve to be a member of these boards for 50 posts to join bbbswap, but you're close :)

Good luck! Rambling & dh wants his pc back :)

Thanks for the web site info. I am a member of thebabywearer - but didn't know about the other sites. I will join!
    Michelle
    Mom to Quinn and Willa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2