mams99 Guest

Default Anyone have experience with the Ultimate Baby Wrap and other newbie questions?

I can get this REALLY cheap, but I don't know if it's worth it. I know I want to get a really good baby carrier, but I am unsure of what style will work best for us.

Info on us: me - 5'6" plus size with large chest. DH is 6'1" and thin. With our son (8.5 years ago) we used the baby bjorn and I bought it with the longer straps. It worked fine, but it was HEAVY carrying him for very long (at birth he was 10 lbs 9 ounces and he was ALWAYS off the charts in height and weight). We tried the NOJO sling, DH liked it and I HATED it. I don't think any ring sling will work for us. I'm due 5/1/05 with another boy and I just have a FEELING he'll be HUGE too. When the baby is 2-3 months old we will be making a European vacation (DH is from Europe) so we will bring our bassinet stroller (MBUS with carrycot), but I also want a comfortable carrier too for the long walks on HOT days too...

SO.... I'm drawn to the wrap slings (like the Ultimate Baby Wrap) and carriers like the ergo or the ABCs, but I'm not sure....

Any experiences to share with me?

trumansmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default RE: Anyone have experience with the Ultimate Baby Wrap and other newbie questions?

I had one of these and sold it after DD hit 6 months. It was quite comfy if you got the rings tight enough (which took a bit of work), but NOT flattering at all. Mine was black, and I only felt comfortable wearing it with a black shirt underneath, otherwise it accentuated all the squishy parts squeezing out.

Jeanne
    Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and Eleanor 4/14/04

mams99 Guest

Default RE: Anyone have experience with the Ultimate Baby Wrap and other newbie questions?

Which one did you have that was unflattering?

Melissa

mams99 Guest

I didn't realize that this post was under the Ultimate Baby Wrap! Sorry!

I also read somewhere on another site that the wrap tends to be short and that the material is too stretchy so it doesn't hold the baby snuggly for very long.

Thanks for your input!

Melissa

I just got one today actually. It seems to be SUPER comfy. But I got the rose color, and it looks like a huge ace bandage wrapped around me, and its really not flattering. It kind of squeezes you.