Default Didymos colors IRL?

Wonder if anyone can help me. I really like the Katja pattern of Didymos wraps, but I don't know what it looks like IRL. On the German site the colors appear brighter/lighter than on other sites. Does anyone have one? Is the color light or is it saturated and really intense? I would really like something bright and lively.

My second choice is the red indio. Though its color also isn't clear. On the picture of the pattern it looks lighter than on the picture of the mom wearing it (both on Didymos site), where it looks darker, almost like wine color.

Finally, anyone know a site where one can see Girasol fabrics as used IRL? I get a much better sense of the fabric when I see a pict of someone wearing the wrap than seeing just a fabric swatch.

Thanks a lot,

LD

Default RE: Didymos colors IRL?

I don't have a Didymos, but here's a picture of Lisa from Cottoncradles.com wearing a Katja.

http://cottoncradles.com/storchenwiege.htm

On the babywearer.com, there was a discussion regarding Didymos fabrics. Scroll down to the bottom of the discussion and you will see someone who posted pictures of them wearing the red indio.

If these pictures don't help, maybe you could e-mail them and ask them about their Didymos.

As far as the Girasol, I had the #6, but have since traded for it.
    Here's some pictures on peppermint.com of some Girasols in use.

http://www.peppermint.com/girasolcarry.htm
    http://store.peppermint.com/girasol-...y-carrier.html

I hope this helps. I know how hard it is to choose a fabric when you can't see it in real life. I'm trying to decide on an Ellaroo fabric but even seeing pictures of people wearing it isn't really helping me.

Tereasa

>here's a picture of Lisa from Cottoncradles.com wearing a Katja

Oh, I thought it was a Storchenwiege, so I didn't even pay attention.

>I'm trying to decide on an Ellaroo fabric but even seeing pictures of people
    >wearing it isn't really helping me.

I know what you mean. If it did help I would have already made up my mind. I also like Ella Roo fabrics (and was wondering myself about Ysabelle and Mary). I will take a look at the babywearer discussion.

For what it's worth, I saw an Ella Roo "Maija" today IRL. The picture of it on peppermint.com is a decent representation, I'd say IRL it's more clearly blue (less green; of course as shown on my computer screen). I really liked the fabric too. Everywhere I read it said Ella Roo is much thinner than Didymos. Well, thinner yes but not "much" thinner (the didymos was not the color I was interested in).

LD

lizamann Guest

A few Girasol picures:

http://carrymeclose.com/pictures.html

And I believe Lisa is in fact wearing a Storchenweige in that picture, of the Anna variety.

Lenad - I think I figured out who you are! I tried pm-ing or e-mailing you through the boards, but it didn't work. Hint - we met yesterday, and I have a 20 month old dd. If you are who I think you are, I know where you can see some Girasols in person...

Yes, it's me. You can e-mail me at [email protected]. I *love* the look of Girasols, at least on pictures, so it would be nice to see them IRL. For some reason I am stuck on something bright and "sunny," and there seem to be plenty of Girasol patterns that fit the bill.

I really wanted a shorter wrap, like the one you use for hip carry, which is why I was thinking of a size 4 (3.7m) Didymos. Do you think a Girasol would be too long for that? I don't like having a ton of extra material (also like the idea of tapered ends). Eventually I though I might also get an Ella Roo for the summer, but this would be something for daily use all year round.

Great workshop, thanks!

LD