Default Is KKAFP better than other adjustable fleece pouches?

I found adjustable fleece pouches from Baby Roo (http://www.babyroo.org/) on ebay for about $35 shipped. Their website could use some professional input, but I want to know is the product likely to be better, worse, or the same as a much more known and expensive pouch lik KKAFP? Baby Roo does serged edges: is this worse than trimmed edges like KKAFP?

Also, it seems like cotton stretch pouches would have all the stretchiness of a KKAFP without the overheating issue. Again, is there a downside I am missing?
    Advice and commentary on living overseas

DD1 15, DD2 12, and DS 9

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: Is KKAFP better than other adjustable fleece pouches?

I've never tried one of these, but really, really like the stretchy binding on the KKAFP. It just gives it a better fit, IMO, and a nicer look.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

Default RE: Is KKAFP better than other adjustable fleece pouches?

I haven't seen or tried the Baby Roo pouches, but I do have a KKAFP. I remember someone mentioning that KKAFP uses Malden Mills fleece which is a high-end fleece that doesn't pill like some other fleeces do. I guess I would ask what kind of fleece they use. I also prefer the binding on the KKAFP. I don't think serged edges look as nice, and it seems like it would be more "floppier".

I have cotton stretch pouches, but they aren't as stretchy or snuggly as the KKAFP. The KKAFP also has a deeper pouch than my other pouches which could be an advantage or a disadvantage depending how you look at it. The KKAFP does get hot so I adore my cotton stretch pouches in warmer weather.

Tereasa