August Guest

Default Ellaroo vs Moby for a newborn

Hi girls!
    I have decided to buy a wrap type carrier for my Baby. (due in August). I have seen different opinions on wraps from Ellaroo and Moby.
    It looks like the Moby is a bit more strechy then the Ellaroo. What is best for a new born??? I'm really confused by what I read on the subject.
    Can anyone help of share her experience
    TIA!

npace19147 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Ellaroo vs Moby for a newborn

I don't think the Ellaroo is great for an infant - it's a woven wrap, not stretchy. A stretchy wrap is more forgiving of a new user's mistakes and is also softer on a newborn's skin.

We used a Moby at first and really liked it. It is made of stretchy t-shirt like material that can get warm depending on where you're located. If you have hot summers, you may want to check out the Hug a Bub, which is similar to the Moby but a lighter weight fabric (more $$ but similar to an Ellaroo in cost). HTH!
    Nancy, mom to

DD1 5/04 and DD2 3/07

I was in the same situation as you and I decided on a Moby. I just got it the other day and I'm really glad I did. Although my baby isn't due for a couple of weeks, I've been practicing putting it on for the different type of carries. I really like it a lot and can't wait for me DD to try it out!

I have a Hug-a-bub and an Ellaroo and definitely prefer the stretchy wrap for a newborn. The Ellaroo is not stretchy at all. I also agree with the PP that a stretchy wrap is more forgiving of user error and easier to learn with.

Tereasa