Pipersmamma Guest

Default Best Sling for 8mos old in the pool?

What do you suggest I look at? I have a just turned 2 year old and an 8 month old. I figured slinging her would be the best way to keep close track of them at the pool this summer. Where do I begin my search?

npace19147 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Best Sling for 8mos old in the pool?

Depends on what type of carrier you like. If you're into a pouch, Hotslings makes a great pool pouch. If you like a wrap, Gypsymama makes a water wrap. For a mei tai, check out Sachi or Boopa. Zolo makes a pool RS. I know there are others out there too! HTH!
    Nancy, mom to

DD1 5/04 and DD2 3/07

mommyj_2 Guest

Kangaroo Korner makes a water mesh sling. I haven't looked recently, but they used to have a mesh ring sling that looked nice. If you want a pouch, chic slings makes a solarveil pouch. PM me if you want a discount code for the chich slings pouch.

Deborah_Hogan Guest

I use my Bjorn, since there is no give at all--baby can't shift or slide. Head is always right under my chin, so if I can breath, so can she. Bjorn washes fine in washer afterward.

I know people are going off Bjorns, but it works really well in the water.

I just asked a similar question before I saw yours. Jan of "Rev. Jan slings" at www.sleepingbaby.net makes a solarveil ring sling for $30, I think. She will get the fabric (aqua) in stock in a few days, and has only 3 orders so far, so can sew and ship quickly. She is sending me a sample of the fabric so I can decide if it is too scratchy.
    Advice and commentary on living overseas

DD1 15, DD2 12, and DS 9