audys Guest

Default DS hates the Papatum - advise?

I have a 17 month old (20 pound) DS who used to LOVE any front carry (Bjorn, etc) and who I've carried in a hip sling too (he arches his back a bit in this). I just bought a toddler Papatum for airports, shopping and it looks GREAT. BUT, DS hates it! He swirms, cries and twists side to side. Argh... My DH thinks his spread legs look uncomfortable.

Any suggestions or advise? Do you have any experience with this? It is "toddler personal"?

TIA!! Audrey, mother to Graham

jkpalotay Guest

Default RE: DS hates the Papatum - advise?

Bump.

I just bought this, and am curious what other's experiences have been.

Kelli

audys Guest

I wrote Attached to Baby and Katrina recommended that we start with a front carry (which my son has done much more of than the back carry) and move around with him in it right away. He does settle down as I walk a little and then starts a little "howling" - this age is so interesting and fun because they have no patience! I have to keep myself from laughing sometimes...

Any other ideas? TIA!! Audrey, mother to Graham

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Are we talking front carry or back carry? At that age, DD loved it when I carried her around the house on my back. So we got an Ergo (similar to Patapum), and she loves the back carry. She calls it "piggyback". So you might try back carry if you haven't, or try piggy back rides, to warm him up.