Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    amp Guest

Default RE: What's the difference between MNM and KKAFP?

Thanks Angie! I bookmarked that page!

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Andrea - I'm about halfway down the list, but already got a pouch off of instock (kept my slot in case I want a wrap). Keep an eye on the list, and you can always piggyback off of my order (or take my place - I've got a while longer to go than you) if it starts getting close to your due date!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

kensjen Guest

They are both excellent pouches. I love them both, although I definitely used the MnM a lot more often.

Andrea, I totally forget...where do you live?? Because the one main disadvantage of the KKAFP is the fabric...it can be hot! So if you live somewhere that has a warm climate, you may not use it as much. I live in the northeast, so with the exception of the summer, it is fine to use. In the summer, it is extremely uncomfortable to wear. It is not breathable, but the MnM is. That is the good thing about natural fibers!

Also, I know if you email Jen and mention a color you would like to see (and a size) she is usually good about trying to make that next time she dyes. It couldn't hurt! And right now her custom list is about 2 months out, so you could add yourself on and still get a pouch before the baby comes.

amp Guest

Hey Jen - I'm in KS, and since the baby is due in winter, I could totally get away w/ the fleece for the winter. I wouldn't want to use it in spring, but if I really loved slinging, I could always get something else then. Or I may just go w/ a different fabric altogether. Choices, choices, choices!

Hello gals-
    I am newer to this board and due with my first the same day as Andrea- Dec. 1st! I am a teacher and using this time before school starts to research my interests- first was strollers, then diaper bags, now carriers:)
    I have a few questions and would appreciate any of your opinions/advice!
    *What you would suggest between MNM and KKAFP for a newborn winter baby in cold MN?
    *Can you BF easily and somewhat discreetly in the pouches? I am also getting a hotsling so maybe that would work better?
    *I looked on the MNM website and couldn't find any info on sizing. How does it work with Jen?
    TIA for any insight,
    JENN :)

I'm not sure what you mean by "between MNM and KKAFP"? I think either would be appropriate although a KKAFP might be particularly cozy in the cold weather. Hotslings makes pouches so they wouldn't be any different than the KKAFP or MNM for breastfeeding.

I found breastfeeding with a newborn in the pouch to be possible but not terribly comfortable. Also I was only comfy doing it on the one side. Mostly I chose to sit and take baby out of the pouch to breastfeed bu it certainly can be done on the go.

HTH,

Laurel
    WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
    Baby Madeline 12/14/04

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3