Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default RE: What's the difference between MNM and KKAFP?

I'm not Anna but I can respond on the slingset support issue. Unlike most pouches, the slingset is made from very stretchy material which is why the support is a good feature. Having already used the KKAFP pretty much exclusively (with a Peanut Shell for hot days), I didn't love the support feature, mainly because when I take dd out, I have this extra piece that doesn't stay on (unlike the pouch) and I have to find someplace to put it. But I find the pouch too stretchy without the support. I'm sure there are solutions to this, but I am a minimal fuss kind of person so haven't been using my slingset. The red color is pretty, though.

I don't have an MNM but have heard that the hemp fleece is slightly cooler. However, I adore my KKAFP and wear it here in Napa, CA on all but the hottest of days. It's a great starter pouch. I've heard great things about the MNM also, my feeling is that they are probably both good buys. I personally say, go with the one you like aesthetically since that does make a difference and it's fun to be pouch-proud!

Let us know what you decide!

Laurel
    WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
    Baby Madeline 12/14/04

amp Guest

Thanks! Every bit of info helps. I'm seriously considering a Peanut Shell also, but have that, the Slingset, KKAFP and MNM on my list. I'm starting to get handle on what I want, thanks to you ladies!

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Andrea, FWIW, I didn't find the shoulder width an issue until Colin got bigger (25+lbs). Then the KKAFP wide shoulder was the only one that was really comfy. But a narrower shoulder was just fine (and didn't restrict movement as much) when he was lighter weight.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

I actually borrowed Lori's KKAFP for an extended period of time ( :)) and really liked it. I have a MNM and while I really like it, it doesn't have the stretch that the KKAFP had. For a newborn this is important, but not as much when they are in the hip carry position. If I won the lotto, I would get both. :)

My MNM is solid colored too so just keep an eye out since they aren't always tie dyed. I would definitely email Jen too since she is so accomodating. I know she has her hands full, but she is a pleasure to deal with and might surprise you.
    Mom to R and R

amp Guest

Thanks Lori and Debbi!

I hate to even think of bothering Jen. She's got enough going on. And the pouches she has on her in stock site right now are not tie dyed, just the wraps are, which I'm not considering. But there's only one pouch color I like, and it's denim blue, but I don't want that color for this baby. I'm not loving the red she has posted, which is the color I'm considering. I'm going to just keep watching her in stock store, along w/ KK, PS & SS and see what happens when baby either gets here or at least gets closer. That way I'd have a better chance of getting the best fit and being able to exchange. But I love having more info and input to work with. I finally feel like I have a short list of options and know more about what I want to start out.

Thanks all!

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Andrea,

Have you emailed Jen to ask her about colors? She could probably get the red you want. I don't know what the wait is on customs for her right now, though, and Samuel just went into the hosptial again today. :(

But when she gets the chance, I'm sure she'd gladly help you.

~ deb
    DS born at home 12/03

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

amp Guest

I haven't. I don't want to bug her, and I saw the note on her site that Saumuel was due for surgery. Like I said, I'm in no hurry. This baby is gonna be a few more months. I've got time. But if it comes down to it, I will consider emailing her. I've heard she's a pleasure to work with!

Andrea, if you take a look at her custom list I think you might recognize a few names!! There are a ton of moms from the butts forum on there. My name is toward the bottom but I would be happy to share my slot with you. Otherwise, you might want to try PM'ing one of the other names on the list and see if you can piggy back off them.

Also, FWIW, I LOVED my KKAFP. DS was a September baby and lived in that pouch all through the winter. I sold it when I moved to Hawaii but I still get nostalgic for it. It was so snuggly and comfy.

ETA: I just looked at the custom list and it looks like Carolee (cvharris), Trish (brigmaman), Jen (kensjen), and Tarah (tarahsolazy) are all at the top of the list.
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

amp Guest

Angie - Trish just told me about this list, which I wasn't aware of. I'm not ready to buy yet, because the baby isn't going to be here for a few months and I woudn't be able to actually try it for a good fit w/ the kiddo. I'm keeping her in mind though. I don't belong to her yahoo group or know anything about her list. I just know it exists and I've just been to her in stock/hyenacart store. But thanks for the tip!

No problem! And here is the link if you ever want to take a look at it.
    http://www.momandmepouch.com/OrderStatus.html
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast