Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Soooo evil you are! :) Need quick size help on Zolo!

ACK! I've wanted one forever and just vowed yesterday to start putting every cent into a down payment. But I could really use a Solarveil sling, this deal is nice, and that midnight moonflower is calling "Marisa... Marisa.... I love you... please take me home!"

Does anyone have an opinion on whether I should size up or down if I'm right on the cusp of two sizes? I should size up, right? I'm thinking there's more chance of me getting bigger than smaller. Sound right?

BTW, Katie... that tatoo one is perfect for you (I'd guess)!

Fancy Nancy 8/04
    Snuggle Puppy 5/07
    "You know, you really wear me out. But I love you anyway."

Default RE: Soooo evil you are! :) Need quick size help on Zolo!

Marisa,
    I have the midnight moonflower. I think it is the prettiest solarveil sling and it is so light. I love, love mine. As far as size it really comes down to how long you want the tail to be. There is a 3 inch difference in length between sizes so it depends if you like your tail longer or shorter.

HTH,
    Sandy mom to Alexander Thor 3/16/02
    & Marisa Mia 4/23/05

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I found myself comfortable with a med when i had the red Zolo despite actually falling into the large range due to being tall and carrying a few too many pounds after Toby! But i don't like a super long tail. I am waiting for the medium Burning Love one to arrive.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I prefer my small Zolo ring sling, even though I'm right between a small and medium size-wise. But I don't like a long tail.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

Default RE: 15% off at Zolowear!

Oh, and if you enter the code MDCFUN at the beginning of your order, you'll get free shipping, too.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Awesome codes, thanks! Interestingly, I called c/s today to ask some questions. The rep was quite friendly, but not very helpful.

First, she assumed I was pregnant, which is not bad, I just thought that was interesting.

Second, she said she couldn't tell me how long the material was or how I could measure myself (I found the measurements on the website, but the link to "view video on how to measure yourself" does not work) -- are they concerned about people copying the design? She did say I could return it for a different size if I thought it was too big/small.

Third, I asked, "Are there any current promotions?" Even though I knew of the anniversary one. She said, "No, they would tell us about things like that first, and we don't know any currently." Does that sound like a thinly veiled, "Probably, but I don't know it so I'm not really lying." ?

I've seen the slings IRL and they are beautiful. I hope my c/s experience was just a fluke!
    Fancy Nancy 8/04
    Snuggle Puppy 5/07

Default Question for those "between sizes"

Do you think the ring sling sizes correlate at all to, for example, t-shirt sizes. Say you're between a small and a medium and you chose the small... do you wear small t-shirts or medium ones?

Sorry for all the q's. I'm too lazy to deal with returns and I want to get started using this asap. I'm bored with my pouch and this will be my first ring sling!
    TIA!
    Fancy Nancy 8/04
    Snuggle Puppy 5/07

Default RE: Question for those "between sizes"

I think they correlate well to gender neutral t-shirt sizes. Darien explained it to me like this...it is small, medium and large ADULTS not women. So while I really need a large women's size t-shirt, most of the time I am more comfortable with a medium gender neutral shirt since I am medium sized on a spectrum that includes men.

Sounds like a new person or a bit of growing pains as they expand and have more employees. My service from Darien has always been great but there have been some rough patches with others (like sent a sling ordered for a shower to my old address even though I entered the new info for both shipping and billing...as a result it missed the shower but Darien express mailed a new one in a free silk gift bag). I am sure that you will get thew sling and love it. And if you don't, I'll buy it from you!! Ha ha!

Thank you!!! Wow, midnight replies. Okay, I will order it NOW! This is one thing I hate/love about this forum -- it takes me FOREVER to order something because I know there's another code, or a better model, or an upcoming sale, or whatever -- but I also know there's someone to just say, "Do it!"

You are right, I think it was totally a new person and she probably thought/knew I was clueless. hee hee

I called at almost 5 pacific time and was surprised when someone answered, so it may have been an answering-service type person.

ETA: That makes sense that they are sized for men and women. I hadn't thought of that as DH hasn't worn DD in a sling since she was a week old. And he's not allowed to wear my new pretty! :)

Looking forward to its arrival!
    Fancy Nancy 8/04
    Snuggle Puppy 5/07

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast