Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    AdoptChina Guest

Default RE: Will pouch work for a heavy newborn?

I wouldn't rule out the ring sling...they are awesome for quick carries....you can get some pretty inexpensively too (sleeping baby productions has great reviews and they arent too pricey)

What about a stretchy wrap? Like a Moby, Cuddly Wrap, or Hug-a-Bub (I am sure there are other ones out there). They are super comfortable AND poppable (you can leave it on and pop the baby in and out as you are doing you chores). All that fabric seems intimidating, but once you've tied it you'll se that it is not. The only drawback is that it won't last you too long, but by then you'll be hooked anyway and will be happy to have an excuse to get a woven wrap (LOL).

boogiemom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'm not the PP but thought I'd jump in.....

I have a KKAFP and still pop my son in and out of it to run my oldest DS in and out of school. It's perfect because it is so quick and easy. My youngest is 9 1/2 mos. now but already weighs 23-24 lbs. I think it is comfortable because of the nice, wide shoulder. Really I wear it down mostly over the top of my arm and just over my shoulder. I do have back issues which I am currently in PT for and using the pouch is MUCH easier on my back than if I try to carry him without it.

Hope that helps!
    Tani

DS1 - 8/01
    DS2 - 4/05

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2