heatherlynn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Cool pouch (as in temperature!)

Are solarveil pouches cool? Or is it better to just get a regular cotton one? I know the solarveil ones are fine for water, but I don't think I'll be going in the water w/ either of the 2 little ones. I just want something where I won't be too hot during the warm weather.

Thanks!

H-
    Heather
    dd 3/98
    ds 8/04
    dd 11/05

lpl47 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default RE: Cool pouch (as in temperature!)

I had the same question...

npace19147 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Solarveil is much cooler than other materials - the fabric is very light and has little mesh-like holes in it so it can breathe (but it doesn't feel like mesh). It also offers a bit in the way of sun protection. HTH!
    Nancy, mom to

DD1 5/04 and DD2 3/07

I just received a solarveil pouch in the mail and while we have not tried it out yet...I can already tell it is way cooler. The weave of the fabric looks like it lets air flow through easier. I have heard that if you do take them to a pool/beach and get them wet...they dry in no time.
    Heather:

Mommy to DD (2005) and DS (2007)

Which pouch did you get? I'm trying to decide on whether to get a solarveil pouch (Hotsling or KK) or a sling (TaylorMade, sleepingbaby, or Zolowear). Any suggestions? TIA!

heatherlynn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I ended up buying a HS navy solarveil pouch. It definately is much coolor than my KKAFP! I just received a HS reversible and am wearing now. It does seem pretty cool, too, but I would definately choose the Solarveil for really hot weather when we're outside. HTH someone!

H-
    Heather
    dd 3/98
    ds 8/04
    dd 11/05

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Is Solarveil stretchy? Like a cotton pouch or like fleece or like jersey?

thanks

annasmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Just my 2 cents . . . I got a solarveil pouch from Hot Slings last Summer and it was fine for the pool, but the fabric is not very comfortable. It is a scratchy feeling fabric and if you are wearing your baby for a long time, it is not very comfortable. My ds never complained (although I never wore it for very long) but I also think that if you wear the baby on your hip the fabric could irritate the baby's legs. It is just not a very forgiving fabric.

That being said it is extremely lightweight, super small fold, dries in a snap.

ETA: It is not very stretchy, if at all (sorry haven't used it in a long time, but I don't remember any stretch).
    Eileen

DD - 6 y.o.
    DS - 4 y.o.
    DS - 2 y.o.
    DD - 8 months

npace19147 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We have the HS navy solarveil pouch and have been really happy with it. I have also used a linen TaylorMade rs which was nice as well, but any rs is going to involve more fabric than a pouch, of course. So I think it depends on whether you want the least fabric, or if you want size flexibility and a tail for privacy/shade for the baby. I have heard really good things about the Zolo solarveil rs, had a cotton one that I loved.
    Nancy, mom to

DD1 5/04 and DD2 3/07