nyc_mom is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default ring sling advice

okay, now i'm thinking about getting a ring sling (upon the advice of a friend) so i can try to nurse on the go and use the tail for a little privacy. i have no clue about ring slings. i know i would like one that is made of a cool fabric (having a june baby), has the easiest learning curve (i want to be able to use it right away and not push it aside because i can't figure it out) and doesn't have a super long tail (I'm 5'6" and about 170 pre-preg). Thanks for the help!

nyc_mom
    http://b2.lilypie.com/yVa8m5/.png

http://bd.lilypie.com/HiJNm5/.png

tarynsmum is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: ring sling advice

I really like my Maya Ring Sling. I'm not crazy abot most of their fabrics (not really my style), but I have an untreated cotton one that is really cool, at least to me. I'm 5'2" and about 130 right now, and I have a Medium (mostly because it was the only size the store had in stock in th untreated). If they had had a small, I probably would have bought it, but I'm happy with the medium since I like a long-ish tail (when my DD is in most carries, the tail reaches to about 4 inches above my knee). I also like that I bought it a little big because my DH cn actually use it too (although the tail is MUCH shorter on him and makes it look a little more masculine).

HTH!
    Heather, mommy to Taryn, January 16, 2006. And Baby Asher! Born February 25, 2009.

Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician in Pittsburgh PA.

Interested in wearing your baby in the Pittsburgh Area? Check out Pittsburgh Babywearers at www.pittsburghbabywearers.com!

Default RE: ring sling advice

Just going off your name here...are you actually in NYC? There's a GREAT babywearing group here and you can get all sorts of advice and try out people's carriers before you buy one.

They're meeting tomorrow, actually, if you're around. PM me and I can give you info.
    Jessica