Piglet is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Carrier suggestion for 14 month old for 10 minutes a day

I am looking for a recommendation for a carrier for DS2. He is in daycare in my building at work, but we park about a 5 minute walk away. He weighs 25 lbs and my back is SORE! I have a Zolo ring sling, but I am just not that good about getting it adjusted quickly - somehow it seems to bind as I am pulling it tighter and I can't seem to get it to sit on my shoulder right. I feel like I am constantly fiddling with it when I put it on to get it adjusted, and since the walk is so short, I would be messing with it more than I would actually be using it, I think! I was thinking of the Mei Hip Carrier since it seems easy to put on and can be adjustded for DH if needed (he walkis in with us, but we swap who carries DS and who carries all of our bags (3 of them!). Any other recommendations? I am not very experienced with carriers (other than my Bjorn, which we used an awful lot and my Zolo, which is a bit hit and miss).

Thanks,

Mommy to:

DS1 07/2001
    DS2 03/2005

DD1 05/2007

DD2 03/2014

Default RE: Carrier suggestion for 14 month old for 10 minutes a day

I was going to recommend a ring sling, but then read your Zolo does not work well. BTW, once you adjust a Zolo you really don't need to fiddle with it much at all. Maybe you can get some time setting up right at home.

The other thing would be a pouch, but those are really tricky to get sized right. Maybe an adjustable one...

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I really like my new mei tai. I have an onbuhimo as well, got that first, and while it is easy to adjust and get on, it is no where near as comfy as my mei tai! I can get DD on in less than 2 minutes, on my front. On my back, maybe 3 minutes. Front is easier though. Just tie around your waist, pick up DD and hold her on my front, pull up the MT and throw straps over my shoulders, grab behind me and pull each one tight across my back, bring them around to the front and tie under DD's but. We are good to go and it is very comfy! I use this for vacuuming my house all the time! My mei tai is from mei tai baby and I am very happy with it. I tried a hip carrier but it is not comfy for me at all and there is more adjusting to get it on "right" IMO. It's just easier to tie on the MT and go.
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

Well I love a fleece pouch for easy-in, easy out carrying (my KKAFP is perfect for this) but for some reason have been using my myPouch more. It's sort of a cross between a mei tai and an Ergo - it has rings instead of ties so it's sleeker looking and can also be prethreaded so there's no fiddling. I just pop DD in (front or back) and go. www.myPouch.com

Laurel
    WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
    Baby Madeline 12/14/04

Florida Mom Guest

I just bought one from www.cortezandco.com and it is super - lightweight and comfortable. I wore my 25 pound 17 month old at Disney this past Friday. SHe was in it for 2 1/2 hours in the morning, 2 hours in the afternoon and two hours in the evening - and I was fine. In between being carried she was in the stroller or at a table.