sbjf Guest

Default Zolo silk slings, why are there only a couple of patterns to choose from?

I'm about to treat myself to 2 new slings. I want one very pretty silk one and one solarveil. Is Zolo still the best place to get a silk ring sling? I was planning to buy from them, but there are only 3 patterns available in silk and 2 in solarveil. Is this a typical selection or am I just catching them at a slow time? If this is still the best place for a silk ring sling then I'll probably just get the black one and be happy with it, but I thought I'd check here first.

Also, does anyone know of any coupon codes for Zolo?

Thanks!

Default RE: Zolo silk slings, why are there only a couple of patterns to choose from?

I only have a cotton Zolo, so I can't answer your first questions. Regarding the coupon question, you get a 25% coupon code emailed to you (that's intended for your use only, I believe) when you enter their photo contest. (At least, that was true a couple of weeks ago when I last checked their site.) So, one option might be to wait to buy your silk Zolo until you can first enter the photo contest showing you or your DH wearing the solarveil sling. Or, maybe if you know someone who can enter the contest for you, that may work as well.

tarabenet is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Zolo silk slings, why are there only a couple of patterns to choose from?

I loved my cotton Zolo. I found them really helpful, too, in selecting. I'd e-mail or call directly and ask about availability. When I called about Solarveil, turned out they didn't actually recommend it fo a child as large as I was going to put in it, so they steered be to the others instead. Like I said, they were really helpful!

Codes are unlikely :( They usually have 2 sales/year (Jan and June or July) Other than watching for seconds (or doing as the PP mentioned and getting a code through the photo contest), there's not a whole lot of options besudes wait for the sale. If you don't mind the price, I *love* oompa baby slings. Otherwise, sleeping baby productions makes nice slings and will do a custom with whatever material you want - you could shop for silk you adore on ebay, etc and have it sent to her.

"Best" is very subjective in baby wearing. I have a cotton zolo and really like the shoulder design, but I also like the design of the SBP slings since it flares out over your shoulder more. I also love the pocket on my zolo but SBP will add one as well...
    Lynne
    Mommy to C 3/03
    http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
    And Miss Purple, 5/05

here's a 10% off code - "Daily Stroll readers receive 10% off of your order of $59+. Use code: dailystroll at checkout. Offer expires 5.30.06"
    and yeah, their current selection is a lot smaller than it was 2 yrs ago when i bought my silk sling.

sbjf Guest

Default THANKS! RE: Zolo silk slings, why are there only a couple of patterns to choose from?

Thanks for that code!

But now I'm not sure if I'm going to go with Zolowear. I see that Sleeping Baby Productions has a good reputation here and they sell silk one for 50 dollars, great price! Unfortunately, SBP also has only 2 colors available, ivy green and black.

I see someone above wrote that I can buy my own silk on ebay and have it shipped to SBP, but that seems like a lot of hassle. I'm so lazy.

The Oopa Baby site has a nice fuchsia colored silk one for 100 dollars, that's not too bad of a price.

Part of me likes the idea of a black silk one since that will go with everything and look elegant, but the other part of me wants a pretty color/pattern. Hmmm....!!!

georgiegirl Guest

Default THANKS! RE: Zolo silk slings, why are there only a couple of patterns to choose from?

You should just take the extra effort and find some nice silk and have Jan from Sleeping Baby Productions to make you one (or go for the black one). I ordered a cotton sling from her last month and I LOVE IT!!! I ordered it on a friday and it arrived on Monday (and she makes them individually.)

sbjf Guest

How about if I go with the black silk and then just get a different accent fabric for the tail? Jan has some on her site, but I can't decide on one. I'm looking at fabric sites, too.