Thread: "slim" MT?

tarynsmum is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default "slim" MT?

This is my first foray into MTs: I'm mostly using Ring SLings and a Hotsling. Well, my Hotsling is fleece (so it will get retired soon), and the RSs and just kinda boring for me right now.

DD is pretty little. We go for her 4 month WBV tomorrow morning, but my guess is maybe somewhere between 12 and 13 pounds. However, I contribute much of her weight to her head. :) God love her, but the kid's all cheeks :). Anyway, I was looking for a MT that had a somwhat "slim" body, since I'm thinking anything too wide would be uncomfortable for her little legs.

I was also thinking I saw a MT a month or so ago that was an hourglass shape? But I have no idea what it ws or where I saw it or if it would even work for us.
    Heather, mommy to Taryn, January 16, 2006. And Baby Asher! Born February 25, 2009.

Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician in Pittsburgh PA.

Interested in wearing your baby in the Pittsburgh Area? Check out Pittsburgh Babywearers at www.pittsburghbabywearers.com!

Default RE: "slim" MT?

The hourglass MT is a napsack (napsackbaby.com). Mei Tai Baby MT (meitaibaby.com) has a string so you can scrunch the bottom, so there is less fabric between babies legs. You can also just scrunch any soft material MT (I used a Kozy when my dd was 3mo and she was fine).

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My DD is slim (not as slim as yours since she's older now though) and we have a MTB. I really love it, it's so comfy to wear! It has the adjustable bottom for more leg freedom. I love mine!
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

mommyoftwo Guest

I have a super tiny child as well and the freehand MT works great for us. It's nice and narrow so it doesn't swallow her up but incredibly supportive as well.

tarynsmum is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

napsack! HA! thanks! (not that it helps my quest, but I thought it was really cool looking and no matter what, worth a try)
    Heather, mommy to Taryn, January 16, 2006. And Baby Asher! Born February 25, 2009.

Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician in Pittsburgh PA.

Interested in wearing your baby in the Pittsburgh Area? Check out Pittsburgh Babywearers at www.pittsburghbabywearers.com!