Default Pool Carrier - Body Glove, Water Tot or Amazing Baby?

Hi, all. I'm looking for a carrier for DD at the pool this summer. She is 8 months, 28 inches and around 17 pounds. I have used a Snugli carrier (very similar to Bjorn) with her since she was born and I'm very happy with it. She loves to face out so she can see people and watch big brother (2 1/2 YO) while he plays. I'm not comfortable with a sling-type carrier.

Does anyone have any experience with the Body Glove, Water Tot or Amazing Baby carriers? I can't decide which one to buy and I can't find any in stores to compare IRL.

Thanks for any input!

mpaxton Guest

Default RE: Pool Carrier - Body Glove, Water Tot or Amazing Baby?

I too am looking for a sling for the pool. I have a stretch hotsling and love it! I also have an OTSBH that fits my husband better than me. I love the pouch b/c it is so small and portable. We just bought a house that has a pool and want something to carry my 7 month in!

I would love to hear people's input on a good water sling!

Michelle

annasmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I used a waterproof hotsling last Summer. It was o.k., but imo the fabric is pretty unforgiving. It is not very stretchy, so for a bigger, heavier baby I don't think it would be too comfortable. I could carry my ds in it for a while, but then it would start digging into my shoulder and really hurt. On the positive side, it dries super quickly and is super small when folded.
    Eileen

DD - 6 y.o.
    DS - 4 y.o.
    DS - 2 y.o.
    DD - 8 months

kk Guest

I am taking the Body Glove to the pool today. I've worn it around the house and found it comfortable, especially when carrying on the hip. It's a lot like a Bjorn, but can go on the hip. Act fast if you want one: I found it a few weeks ago at Hammacher Schlemmer online for $30.

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

here is another option

http://www.onboardoutfitters.com/