CBB is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Default Does anyone have this one? And some questions about ABC

http://store.attachedtobaby.com/deta...Deluxe-Mei-Tai
    I really like the fabric, but wonder if anyone has any experience with this particular one. I'm getting a carrier for my GF who lives in NYC. She thinks she would prefer an ABC but can't decide on one. Can someone tell me the differences b/w the diff types of ABC: Ellaroo, MT, Freehand, Babyhawk, Sachi, etc. Are they all similar but with different fabrics? I would like one that's not too tough for the back, can be worn front/side/back, easy to use and of course comfortable for the baby. My GF doesn't have a car and will be using the carrier a lot. Any other suggestions? Too bad Ergo and Sutemi don't have too many fabric choices. I'm so lost in the carrier world.

TIA!
    Li
    Baby Jasmine 3/18/04
    Baby Justin 9/18/07

Default RE: Does anyone have this one? And some questions about ABC

I don't have that one but it gets rave reviews. It's supposed to be great for infants. I love the headrest.

Freehands are the smallest bodied carriers. They are great for hot summers.

Sachis are shorter than a Kozy but just as wide. Some people have a hard time getting a comfortable fit.

Babyhawks are another smaller bodied carrier though you can get an XT which will make it just a smidge shorter than a Kozy. You can get it with a headrest but I have seen it IRL and don't think it's that attractive. The Ellaroo one is a lot better looking. I have 2 BH's and love them.

Kozys are the largest bodied carriers out there. They are also the original. I don't like the much for younger babies. Mine just got lost in there. They are awesome once your child gets older.

I think if I were getting it for a gift, I would choose either the Ellaroo you linked, a Babyhawk, or a Mei Tai baby.
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

There are different prints on Peppermint. I think the Good n Plenty is cute. :)
    http://store.peppermint.com/er-mei-tai-deluxe.html
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

CBB is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Thank you so much for your reply! Do you know how this Ellaroo is compared to ergo as far as comfort for the mom and baby? They are about the same price, but the Ellaroo looks so much cuter.

Thanks again!
    Li
    Baby Jasmine 3/18/04
    Baby Justin 9/18/07

rrosen is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have it in black. I love it.

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I have this meitai. It's my only one. I love it, although I don't think the headflap works all that well. When trying out a meitai I had a choice between ellaroo and babyhawk. One big difference between the two is that the straps for the BH are more thickly padded. This might seem like a good idea, but when I use my mt I like to tie a chest belt in front, and with the BH that would make a very bulky knot. The seller said that this knot would really hurt up against my breastbone. I took her word for it. A friend of mine tried both and she liked the ellaroo better. Her frame was small and she's quite slender. The seller suggested that sometimes people with bonier shoulders like the ellaroo better and people with more well-padded shoulders like the BH better. But I think the best thing to do is try as many as you can before buying.

I've used the meitai for walking, hiking, cooking, cleaning. It's made a HUGE difference for me. I primarily wear dd on my back, but I wear her in front to get to my car.

ETA: I believe ergo currently retails for about $100, and the ellaroo as you see is $89. I did once see it on the FSOT forum at thebabywearer.com. You will see many meitai's there.
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/