KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Babywearing in cold, icky weather

We're using a Moby Wrap now and we both like it. But, as it's getting colder, I'm wondering how I'm going to use it. I don't want DD bundeled in a snowsuit in the carrier, but I don't want her exposed to the weather going from carseat to carrier either.

Also, the wrap is so long, it's going to get quite wet/dirty trying to put it on in a parking lot. How do you manage to keep it clean? I tried putting it on at home, but it gets too hot to keep on in the car.

What do you do in cold weather?
    Kris

Default RE: Babywearing in cold, icky weather

When I used a wrap, I usually did pretie at home. If I didn't plan ahead, then I would just tie it on while in my car. It was a little more difficult but possible. I would then climb into the back of my car and put my DS in while in the car. I used to have an SUV which was a little more difficult since I was stuck in the middle of 2 carseats. Now, I have a mini-van and it would have definitely been easier. I had a babywearing coat which I put on and kept both of us warm.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I have a regular car, so getting in the back is not an option. I will try to tie it in the front seat though.
    Kris

Definitely a babywearing coat, I totally agree with pp. (I have susiekinder coat from childrensneeds.com and really like it.)

I usually just tie wraps on at home, and then leave them on. If you are too hot, just wear something lighter undearneath. I couldn't see myself dealing with 6 yards of a moby in any car.