So I've been bitten by the baby-wearing bug BIG TIME! (Wow, check out the unintentional alliteration in that sentence, lol.) I knew absolutely nothing about this topic until I stumbled onto this board, but you ladies have made me an addict! I'm to the point in my research where I'd like to order a few different types of carriers and try them out (I'm one of those people who hates to be unprepared, so I really want to find a carrier I like before this baby is born). Only problem is, I don't have a baby to practice with.

DH's cousin just had a little boy about two weeks ago. I'm wondering if it would be weird for me to ask if I could try out a few different carriers with him. I would of course be very careful and try them in her home, whenever it was convenient for her. This is her fourth child, so I think she'd be more relaxed about it than a first-time mom would. Having said that, we're not really close or anything. I mean, we see each other once or twice a month, I brought a baby gift to the hospital when her son was born, and I've asked her a few pregnancy-related questions, which she was really nice about answering. But we're not like best buddies or whatever.

I don't know - is this a really weird request? I don't want to make her feel uncomfortable or anything. I'd just like to get a head-start on finding a carrier or two that I really like.

What would you say if an in-law asked you for this favor? Would you be a little weirded-out? I really don't want to seem strange, lol! So what do you think?

TIA!