shanefranciscovich Guest

Default hipdaddy carrier - why no longer selling

Anyone know why they are no longer selling the hipdaddy carrier? Was wondering if there were any safety issues related to it.

Hipdaddy Guest

Default RE: hipdaddy carrier - why no longer selling

Shane(?),
    My name is Chris Stanford and I am the creator of the Hipdaddy Hipster. We stopped manufacturing and selling the Hipster in Sept 2006 mostly because of lack of demand and life changes.

Lack of demand:
    A hip carrier interests a very small number of users out there so sales did not justify maintaining inventory and supplies. It was just not worth while to keep it up without doing a lot of expensive advertising or getting in to wholesale. Wholesale is a problem in and of itself.

Life changes:
    - The birth of our second child.
    - Going back to school to support a career change.
    - Conflict with my other small business (NeuseWorks.net)
    - My lack of interest in producing the carrier any longer.

With any luck the Hipster will come back. We are toying with either licensing or selling the design to one of the other major carrier manufacturers.

Thanks,
    Chris

Hipdaddy Guest

Shane(?),
    My name is Chris Stanford and I am the creator of the Hipdaddy Hipster. We stopped manufacturing and selling the Hipster in Sept 2006 mostly because of lack of demand and life changes.

Lack of demand:
    A hip carrier interests a very small number of users out there so sales did not justify maintaining inventory and supplies. It was just not worth while to keep it up without doing a lot of expensive advertising or getting in to wholesale. Wholesale is a problem in and of itself.

Life changes:
    - The birth of our second child.
    - Going back to school to support a career change.
    - Conflict with my other small business (NeuseWorks.net)
    - My lack of interest in producing the carrier any longer.

With any luck the Hipster will come back. We are toying with either licensing or selling the design to one of the other major carrier manufacturers.

Thanks,
    Chris

shanefranciscovich Guest

Thank you for the reply. I had wondered what had happened as all of the reviews seemed great. Good luck with all of your adventures.