Default Need HS sizing help please

I think I want to buy a Hot Sling in Fleece for my newborn. According to the sizing calculator, I would need a size 3. Can someone tell me if the size chart is accurate.

I think I should size up to a 4 to be safe since the size 3 says it is for people that wear a size "s-m" shirt. I am for sure a "m" shirt and never a small. In some brands I buy "L" shirts which is why I tend to think I should buy the size 4 since it says it is for people that wear a size "m-L" shirt.

I wanted some feedback from others that own this pouch before I decide what size to get.
    Thanks!

Default RE: Need HS sizing help please

check out alongfortheride.com
    They have a great sizing method for hotslings! (Plus, they are on sale Dec. 1st for 12% off!!)

Kristen

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

You have to be careful sizing up in nonadjustable pouches - they are VERY uncomfortable if they are too big (even a little too big can be bad), plus the fleece is stretchy. That's why I prefer adjustable pouches, personally.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

>check out alongfortheride.com
    >They have a great sizing method for hotslings! (Plus, they are
    >on sale Dec. 1st for 12% off!!)
    >
    >Kristen

Are you sure this is the correct website. It appears to be a car insurance site.

anamika is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Hi,
    I use a sz 3 HS. I used the sizing calculator they had and went with their recs and I'm happy with my HS.
    I could be wrong but I always thought sizing had a lot to do with height? So taller (longer-torsoed) people would need a larger size, IYKWIM.
    Can you exchange it if you find the size is wrong?
    I love mine and it's my favorite carrier.
    Good luck,

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

LarsMal is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm having the exact same problem. I am almost always a med. in shirts and I have an average body type. The shoulder to hip measurement is what gets me. Obviously I can't measure accurately right now since I'm 34 weeks preggo! I also won't be back to "normal" for a while so I don't know if I should order up or just go with the 3 and hope it works out.

Sorry, not much help- just venting! I feel your pain!

I'm sorry it's www.alongfortheride.biz

My mistake...

Kristen

I wear a size medium shirt and wear a size 2. I like my carriers to be high and tight. Hotslings are becoming very popular in my neighborhood and the majority of women I see wearing them are wearing them too large. If it helps, I am 5'6 and probably about 145 lbs. right now.
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

I don't know how much help this will be, but I'm also a 'm' shirt and sometimes an 'l', but I have a sz. 3 HS and it's perfect. I'm about an 8-10 in regular clothes and 5'4" in height.