Thread: Sling Questions

val01 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Sling Questions

Hi Everyone,

I am 7.5 months pregnant, due February 7th. I have some complications that probably means that I am more likely to delivery in mid-January. I am measuring on the smaller side (36 percentile) so with an early delivery I have been told that she will probably weigh between 5.5-6 lbs.

I am looking for a sling. This is mainly for me. I have it narrowed down to a Kangeroo Adjustable Pouch, or a Hotsling. I am leaning towards the KK Pouch. Should I look at the fleece or cotton pouch? We live in SE Virginia, we have pretty mild winter weather, but it's pretty hot in the summer.

Thanks for your help!

Valerie

Default RE: Sling Questions

i would recommend the fleece. the pouch will be best for your DD when she's very small (so this winter...) and if you decide you love it (or don't love it) you can order a cotton one when it gets warmer or a hotsling if you want to change your mind!

check out the babywearer.com....awesome info!

I second KKAFP. You may also want to give a stretchy wrap a try. A 'Moby' is a great intro carrier (it's only ~$30 new).

tarynsmum is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Just wanted to fix PP's link, for future reference to everybody: www.thebabywearer.com
    Heather, mommy to Taryn, January 16, 2006. And Baby Asher! Born February 25, 2009.

Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician in Pittsburgh PA.

Interested in wearing your baby in the Pittsburgh Area? Check out Pittsburgh Babywearers at www.pittsburghbabywearers.com!

Sorry, my vote is for a Hotslings Fleece. They're fantastic.