Default what to use when pregnant if ds is used to an ergo?

I have a 17 month old DS who spends a fair amount of time in the ergo (more for trips/excursions not so much grocery shopping etc now). He's really too heavy to spend much time in the ring sling. I do use it some but it's not really comfortable for more than 10-20 minutes. While the ergo still fits fine now I have a feeling it will be hard to use as I get bigger. What have other people done?
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

Default RE: what to use when pregnant if ds is used to an ergo?

It's pretty hard to do anything other than a back carry when really pregnant, ime. If you discover that you are not loving the ERGO (or can't get it buckled below that belly), you might consider a mei tai. They are similar to ERGO in terms of DCs experience, but there is more flexibility for you in terms of where it is tied.

FWIW, most people should be able to carry DC in a ring sling or pouch well into toddlerhood (not while pregnant, but normally) so you may want to seek advice on using your RS, too. :)

HTH!

Laurel
    Mama to Jack 6/02 and Maddy 12/04

Owner, Carry Me Away

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I second the MT suggestion. I will still occasionally back carry my almost 2.5yo 30# DD in my Kozy. The way that I tie it, it is still quite comfortable for me for longer periods of time, even at Wk 31 (when I last wore her). :) Good luck!

ETA: My tie (HA!) ~ I twist them in the front and bring them to the back to tie behind her bum. I used to do a twist at her bum and bring them to the front to tie but d/t my size I can no longer do that. ;) HTH! Unfortunately, with tying them in the back, it takes me a little longer to get her out, you know with the pregnancy fumbles and all. :)

Oh...also...depending on what kind of day that I am having, I can comfortably tie it either above or below the belly. I generally prefer below, as long as I have not been drinking an insane amount of water (bladder pressure from tie). :)
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

Here's a third suggestion for a MT - I used my Kozy pretty much exclusively while pregnant with DD. I generally preferred below the belly ties as well.

- Vida

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Another MT user while pregnant. It was pretty much the only thing that worked for me once my belly got big. Tying under the belly was the way to go.
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

Default any reccomendations for a MT?

what do ya'll reccomend? I've never seen one/used one :)
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

Default RE: any reccomendations for a MT?

I love my Kozy carrier. It has a nice long body which was also great when my dd was a newborn as I was able to carry her on my back.

I recently bought from www.carrymeaway.com and I'm pretty sure they carry Kozy. I think they have a code for free shipping FREESHIP, but I'm not sure if it still works.

There are lots of other great MTs out there (Babyhawk and Sachi, to name a few) but Kozy is the gold standard in my book!

HTH!

thanks everybody for your suggestions!
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Did you decide on what type of carrier to get? Good luck!

I really love my Kozy and, actually, will probably be in the market for an additional carrier once #3 is here. :) The Kozy is just soooo easy to use and sooo comfortable. Actually, initially, I didn't like the ties that Kelly suggested for a back carry (rucksack or crisscross) as they were just not comfy for my arms/brachial plexus. Then, I read about the twist in the front and that totally solved my problem. I've been loving it ever since! If you can fit a twist at the bum , it is even better! :)

GOOD LUCK and HUGE CONGRATS!! :)
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!