elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default question for Ergo users

I just got my ergo in the mail from babycenter. I watched the dvd and looked at all the instructions and mine does not have the d-rings to snap the sides of the hood for storage. The straps are much shorter and they don't fold back onto themselves like in the dvd. There are snaps up on the padded shoulder strap instead, and then the only place to store the hood straps is to stuff them in the front pocket. This seems just fine to me actually but will I miss those d rings? How often do you use the hood anyway?
    I got the black and tan color, and it does look a little funny with just the tan hood, almost like some random tan cloth is stuffed in the pocket. In the pictures the straps kind of tie the whole thing together IMO with the two colors.
    So is this a newer model or something?

Default RE: question for Ergo users

It looks like someone else had this same question too!
    I actually emailed the ERGO folks and this is how they responded:

---------
    Thank you for contacting us at ERGObaby. There has been a couple of improvements made. The DVD still need to be upgraded to meet the couple of changes that has been made.

The chest straps are now on a web strap runner that is connected to the shoulder strap. That change was made so the chest straps will not come off as it could previously. The D rings are not needed as it was used for the hood straps. You now snap the hood strap to the little snaps on the carrier, the one next to the one D ring.

The one D ring is nonfunctional. You can clip your keys to it.

Hope you enjoy the convenience of the new updates on the ERGObaby carrier. Have a great day.

Sincerely,

Alisa
    -----------

So it looks like this is just a newer model. I think I will actually like the shorter hood straps.

Yep, you got the new model!

I'm excited they changed the chest straps because they are always falling off or getting lost somewhere on the straps. Having them somewhat fixed into position but still adjustable seems like a great improvement!

Hope you love your ERGO!

Yes so far I love it. My babe is only 4 months and a little petite so she's a bit too small for it yet. So she's too big for the infant insert (which I didn't get) but too small to really have her legs out. That hasn't stopped me from putting her in it though to practice around the house!
    Per some suggestions on this board, I tried tucking her legs under but she doesn't really like that. I'm sure she'll be big enough soon though.

Some people have found that putting one leg in and one leg out works in your situation. Others put both legs out to the side. You can see pics at www.theergolady.com, go to Cheating with the Ergo.

:)