Default Sling suggestions - I am totally clueless on these!

I want to get my friend a sling for her newest bambino on the way. I kind of missed the sling boat when I had my last DC but would totally use one if I was to have another babe.

Just wondering -- what is the best sling (and user friendly) for a new sling wearer, and also where is the best place to find them? I am going to probably have to shop online & get it shipped to Canada.

Thanks!!!!!

Default RE: Sling suggestions - I am totally clueless on these!

Hotslings are great as are Moby Wraps. I also love the Kangaroo Korner Adjustable Fleece pouch.

I can recommend Carry Me Away, I've bought several carriers there and the owner is always SO helpful. She carries lots of different things. www.carrymeaway.com

You can buy KKAFP at www.kangarookorner.com.

HTH!

Thank you, I really appreciate the help.

With DC 3,I was a total newbie sling user also. I bought a Hotsling in a soft cotton sateen fabric and it was so easy to use. The stretch wasn't very elasticy. It had just enough "give" to help me ease the baby into the sling without my feeling I was mushing her in there. Maybe you can find a similar fabric? I can't remember what site I bought from (recommended here around March 2007, when I was researching) but I think Hotslings are widely available. They are even at my local Target now! HTH