Default best carrier for older baby

Hello everyone,
    I need some help! :) My daughter is now 9months, but is a string bean (29inches and 16lbs). She loves to be carried and up until now i have been using a hotsling all of the time. I am thinking that it might be time to move her from the kangaroo carry that I have been using to hip or back carry but am finding I don't like the hotsling hip carry position. Any ideas about what carrier works best for older babies? I tried and Ergo with my son but it just didn't work for me with my body shape I guess. Any advice would be helpful!
    Thanks so much!
    Kati

Default RE: best carrier for older baby

I love my ERGO but perhaps a mei tai would work well for you? I love my Kozy and just got a Ball Baby Overall, and they are both fabulous. BBO also works well for me in hip carry, which is why I got it, since I could never get the hip carry in my Kozy.

When my DD was your DD's age, I really wanted to get an Ergo. I tried one on and just did not like it at all on me. Instead, I got a zolowear ring sling. I LOVE that thing! I carried DD in it regularly until she was 20 months or so.

ETA: I had been carrying DD in a New Native pouch before getting the Zolo (solarveil material). DD felt so much lighter in it. The ring sling is awesome for a hip carry and great for the ins-outs of toddlerhood.

Enjoy carrying your little girl!
    Fancy Nancy 8/04
    Snuggle Puppy 5/07
    "You know, you really wear me out. But I love you anyway."

My daughter is about the same as yours--9 months, tall, and skinny. What works best for me is my Beco. It folds small enought to go in the diaper bag and is really comfy if you cross the straps across your back. We just came back from Disney and she was worn most of the time we were there in it. I also have an Ergo which is ok, but it is not as cute and is kind of bulky. DH prefers the Ergo because my Beco is girly.

Thanks for getting back to me. I keep going back and forth between all of these carriers. . . I was really leaning the beco way, then got distracted by the buckle-typle mei-tai's (angelpack lx, nana's jetpack, connecta, kangarose), and then I got distracted AGAIN, and was thinking of just getting a regular mei tai, like a babyhawk. . . I don't really like the ring-slings because they are so big and I don't like the tail sticking down, but that is just me. . . I think what I really need to do is get a mei-tai style one and try the beco, but that is goign to cost like $200 and we are a family of four on my one income (my husband is a SAHD). . .so I would really LOVe to pick the BEST one and get out cheaper. . .do you mind me asking about how the beco fits you? I carry most of my weight in my hip/butt area and am worried that the beco will not sit down on my hips where it is supposed to. . .have you had this experience at all?
    Thanks so much!

What about a Babyhawk? I looove the one I'm using. Fr carry & back carry is easy & does not hurt my back. I have a very bad back too.

GL

Bodyboarding, music loving, clothing upcycler Mom to adult kid1, elementary kid2

This exactly what I ended up getting!! I got on for FSOT on babywearer and LOVE it!! It is so incredible easy to use and comfy! I am recommending it to all my friends. :) Too bad I can't get some kind of commission. . . .

newmomto1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Have you looked at the Scootababy?? It is awesome!
    I used pouches for awhile, but when DD got a little heavier (she's almost 22 lbs), the puch just didn't work for me anymore. I tried a ring sling & hated it. I have an Ergo & a Ptapum too. But, I really wanted something quick & easy.
    The Scootababy is exactly that...& SUPER COMFY!!!!
    www.scootababy.com
    HTH

nak:

No way! Glad you love it. We should both get commission-I'm forever recommending it, I'm even trying to get our local baby boutique to carry them instead of the Rockin' baby slings (hard to use).

I take it EVERYWHERE soon as dd's cranky in she goes. Usually falls asleep in seconds!
    Bodyboarding, music loving, clothing upcycler Mom to adult kid1, elementary kid2