Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    etwahl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Small "Mom" bag needed (explanation below)

Not sure how to explain what I need, but i find myself often wearing pants/shorts that have no pockets and always carrying DD. I have this huge diaper bag that i leave in the car and don't always need to take in shopping with me, but then i have no place to put my keys/credit card/sunglasses. Was wanting a small bag I could throw those items into when I go into the store. Maybe a little bag that sat at my hip? Not sure what would work. I'm often wearing her in the Bjorn or carrying her, so need something that won't interfere with that.

Suggestions?

Tammy,
    Mom to Lauren Genevieve
    03/12/2003
    www.evantammy.com

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: Small

What about one of those cute little backpack purses that all the thing?
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

etwahl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Or I just came across this "the sak" bag. I'm thinking this might work in either camel or taupe. Problem is I don't know which color I would like better?

http://www.thesak.com/ComSys/Shop.aspx?CategoryId=2400

Tammy,
    Mom to Lauren Genevieve
    03/12/2003
    www.evantammy.com

zen_bliss is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

i know what you mean...i want a little sack that i can toss in the dipe bag or wear on its own instead of repacking and misplacing something. there was a discussion awhile back about the gucci belt pack which seems perfect and i saw a gal wearing one in SF, but i've never come across one from a street vendor... anyone here frequent canal street?

myllam Guest

Hi,

I don't know if you need another diaper bag, but I recently purchased the Safeline Kids diaper backpack off of the ebags website. The feature I love is the parent bag that zips off when you don't need the rest of the diaper bag. This is handy since I work full-time, and I can just unzip it and run into the office. It is black microfiber. I noticed that drugstore.com has it in dark blue. I wrote a long review about it in another post.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboar...ng_type=search

After using it for a little while, the only that may or may not work for some people is that it is a little smaller then the other backpack diaper bags I've used, so it doesn't fit as much, but I tend to pack light, so I'm very happy with it.

MacKenzie Kids also makes diaper bags with zip off parent pouches.

HTH,

Monica

I have this sak! I got it at TJ Maxx for $12 awhile ago and love it. It just fits my Mommy things: keys, lip balm, paci, credit cards and money (not a wallet), and sunglasses. I have been known to shove a tiny cell phone, travel hair brush or spare small toy in there, too. Strap fits diagonally across body and works with Bjorn.

Now that DS is a bit bigger (11mo) and doesn't need so much STUFF for simple trips, I keep the big diaper bag in the car. It is either:
    1. baby, shopping cart cover, sippy, snack and sak, or
    2. baby, stroller with extra toys, sippy, snack and sack

Good Luck on your search! I just discovered the joys of cargo capris and this has solved some of my pocket problems.

alkagift is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Tammy,
    I find all kinds of really good bags at TJMaxx and particularly Marshalls. I found my small diaper bag, a Kenneth Cole, at Marshalls for $15. It's like a purse but has pockets for a bottle, pacifier, dipes and a change of clothes--what you would carry into the mall, plus room for my wallet and keys. There are a bunch out on ebay right now, including the one I got.

For park trips I have a very small, lightweight knapsack I also bought at Marshalls by Calvin Klein.

Now, I just have to find a big one that I like for trips to grandma's!

Allison
    Mom to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

Truska Guest

The one you posted about sounds great, Allison...do you have a picture, by chance?

alkagift is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I found this link to ebay through yahoo, so I don't know if it's still there...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=15558

Allison
    Mom to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

Truska Guest

I was just looking at that one! Thanks, I wasn't sure if it would be good or not!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast