Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    etwahl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default BuggyBag or Snazzy Baby?

Just wondering if anyone had witnessed both and had a preference, considering ease of use, functionality, and stylishness?

Tammy,
    Mom to Lauren Genevieve
    03/12/2003
    www.evantammy.com

Default RE: BuggyBag or Snazzy Baby?

My question EXACTLY, since someone just posted on the BuggyBag. I love the chenille side on the Snazzy baby but since I haven't ordered mine yet I am no expert. I look forward to reading from "the experts" too Tammy.

Mom to R and R

etwahl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

The fabrics on snazzybaby look nicer too (nice un-baby-like silks), so I'm betting styling is nicer on the snazzybaby, but really wondering about ease of use and functionality.

Let's hope someone else who knows their stuff responds :)

Also, I remember Neve mentioning a discount on snazzy baby for baby bargain members. it might have been a short-time thing, can't remember, but something to look into if you do order one.

I guess I can't use one of these until DD sits up on her own, correct?

Tammy,
    Mom to Lauren Genevieve
    03/12/2003
    www.evantammy.com

ginamlee Guest

I'm also interested in a comparison of these two. Which one is comfier for baby? (Which has more padding?)

cdlamis is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I was about to ask the same thing! We already have the BugyyBagg but I wanted to get a cart cover for my sister. I like the fabrics better with the SnazzyBaby but have never seen one IRL.

I love how plush and thick the padding is on the BuggyBag since Julia thrashes herself around so much. I don't think she can even feel the metal underneath her. One day she was asleep when I got her out of the car so I put her lying down in the seat and she slept there the whole time. The BB is really thick! And we love the pillow.

I would love to hear from someone who has compared the two.

Daniella
    Mom to Julia 6-13-02

cinrein Guest

I have the BuggyBagg and love it. Never saw a Snazzy Baby cover IRL, so I can't compare them.

I just wanted to say that if you decide on the BuggyBagg, the cheapest place I found it is at www.uniquebabyproducts.com. They have either free shipping off $100, or 10% off you first purchase. I applied the 10% to my BuggyBagg. Plus it was the only place I could find the cover in toile.

Tammy, if Lauren sits up a little bit, a pillow helps wedge her in there for short trips. I wouldn't have her in one for a long outing though until she can really sit up well--their little backs get tired!

Cindy\r\nMama to Anna 2/11/03

cdlamis is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Oh Cindy! Did you have to tell me that the BB comes in toile now? I have it in the black/white checks but I want the toile now.
    I have to stop reading this board so much. =)
    Daniella
    Mom to Julia 6-13-02

I don't know about the Buggy Bag but I have a Snazzy Seat and I LOVE IT. The fabric (yellow/blue toile with a baby blue chenille) is gorgeous. I get many double takes and compliments in my local stores. I like that it's not so puffy. It's soft with just enough padding to cushion DD without looking ridiculous.

It is pretty easy to use, also. I just unroll it and throw it over the grocery cart, put DD in the seat, and slip the seatbelt over her head and arms. There is a gentle elastic around the edge so it hugs the cart. The belt weaves through the bars on the cars and clicks behind her, so she doesn't have to touch any part of the cart (which are stored outside and can be questionable). There are pockets on the side and back so I can stick my coupons or a toy in them. Also, I like the toy loops in the front. I just attach a few Tiny Love links to a toy and DD can play and drop the toy without it touching the ground.

I also use it on those wood restaurant high chairs, which can be much ickier than the carts. Those chairs are usually sticky and the straps are even worse. The Snazzy belt is long enough to go around the frame of the chair and DD.

As far as transporting the Snazzy seat, I keep it in my car rolled up. The belt can be used to hold it rolled up. If I'm going to a restaurant in a mall, I put it in the bottom of my stroller.

The best thing I like about my Snazzy seat is the customer service. Kristie is wonderful to work with. I've had my seat all summer and she still emails me occassionally to see how things are going. She is a pleasure to work with.

HTH someone.

andrewsmom Guest

I saw Snazzy Baby for sale at Babies R Us a few weeks ago (Detroit area). There were only about 2 on the floor, right in front of the check-out areas. Didn't check to see how much they cost since I already have a Buggy Bag (which I love love love!). If you want to check them out IRL, you might want to check your local Babies R Us.

I have the Buggy Bagg and have got to say that it's worth every penny.

Very plush, incredibly well made and opens/closes very easily.

We have the black and white gingham and LOVE it.

I got it specifically because of the pillow - which we are still using!!

And it works great in highchairs too! ;)

-m
    Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast