luvbeinmama Guest

Default Older babies/toddler & hemp pouches

After seeing everyone use their slings & pouches at Disney, and having a squirmy and sometimes clingy almost-walker, I'm thinking about possibly getting the MAMHP (like ZenBliss's green one). Do you think it would be worth spending the $$ on one at this point? DD will be walking w/in the month, and I'm thinking as I'm cooking with a crying/screaming child at my feet that it may be useful. But at the same time, I'm not sure it would really be worth spending the $$ since she'll be walking so soon. Any opinions? Experience with this??

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: Older babies/toddler & hemp pouches

I use mine all the time with my running two year old! :) And I have the ever growing sling collection to prove it, LOL!
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Colin is walking already and I still use mine a lot. He can't be walking at the grocery store or at Wal-Mart (etc, etc), and he is too heavy and squirmy to carry in my arms all the time. The pouch makes it possible to carry him for a long time without killing my arms or my back!

You do have to be careful if using a pouch while cooking because hot food could splatter on her. It is also still possible for babies to grab things while you are using it.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

That's a good point. I have used mine while cooking, but I usually wear her on my back when I do, so that she is more protected. I don't wear her on my back for a long time with a sling, but you can certainly do it for a few minutes.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

luvbeinmama Guest

Thanks for the input. I was thinking that using it while cooking would have to be a back-carry variation. Colin is only a couple weeks younger than DD, so if you think you'll still be using it frequently for a while, then it sounds like a worthwhile investment. DD was seriously fighting the cart seat in Target today, and I think the sling would have actually been the ideal option for that, too.

Thanks so much!!!