sugarsnappea Guest

Default Small Messenger style bag recommendations

I am looking for a small messenger-style bag to wear w/ my sling. I need something for errands and walks. I like the looks of the Timbuk 2 Pee Wee, but it seems large. Does anyone have this bag or the LE messenger bag? TIA! :)

momma_boo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Small Messenger style bag recommendations

I'm not sure if you've seen this before, but I have the Combi Urban Sling which is a messenger style bag.

Here is an attachment for a picture/description:
    http://www.combistrollerstore.com/comurslinbla.html

The one I have is all black, so it looks pretty non-diaper-bag-ish.
    It isn't very big in terms of the volume that it can hold but I found that it's fine for normal use and it's got plenty of pockets to organize different items.

HTH!

Edited: updated the link for the black one. Also realized that it's probably bigger than what you want.
    Esther

2 March girls (2003 and 2005)

kathsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Deb,

I was just at Old Navy today getting socks for Andrew when I saw a messenger bag in the ladies' section. It was marked down to $7.99. They had it in different colors, but I didn't notice what they were, because I was interested in the black. It fit across my body comfortably (and I am overweight). I actually took Andrew's stuff out of the Activpak I use and put it in the messenger bag to see what would fit. I was able to get a wipes container, 4 of the size 4 Pampers Cruisers, bib, burp cloth, and 2 plastic bags with snacks in it. There was a large outer pocket where I think a changing pad would fit (you would have to get one). It had 2 pockets on the front where you could put pacifiers, change purse, etc. I think there was a cell phone pocket on the inside.

I ended up not getting it right now. I have to sell off a bunch of other diaper bags, but I think it might be worth checking out, especially for the price!!

Take care and HTH!

sugarsnappea Guest

Thanks Ladies. Yes, the Combi US is too big, but I do love the look. I am going to Old Navy tomorrow to check out the selection. It sounds like EXACTLY what I am looking for and the price can't be beat! :)

nitaghei Guest

The LE messenger isn't particularly small. It is my everyday bag - and I can get all of DS's stuff for daycare into it without a problem. OTOH, I do use it with a sling, and found it works just fine. It isn't a bulky bag, and is quite compact if you don't stuff it (like I do!:))

HTH

Nita
    mom to Neel 01/05/03
    dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

Just adding that I wanted this kind of bag, too, and went to Old Navy today and there was a bin in front where these messenger bags were only 49 cents! For that price, it's definitely worth seeing trying out.

sugarsnappea Guest

My Old Navy didn't have any. :( Maybe I will try another one...

sadie427 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have the LE messenger--got it from the overstocks site in orange for $18, don't know if it's still available. I love it--just the right size for an everyday bag, and can be overstuffed. The changing pad is nice and padded, and there's a plastic zip bag for dirty clothes. The only thing I would change is that there's no zipper on the outside pocket, wish there was for cellphone, etc. But it's a very good bag and will probably last forever.

jayhjay Guest

If you are looking for something small just for quick errands and walks, how about the LE little tripper? It isn't messanger style, but it does have a shoulder strap. I used mine all the time when DD was small b/c it is just big enough for a few diapers, wipes, etc. Might be better if you just want something little, not as an everyday bag.