Lucy123 Guest

Default Best backpack diaper bag?

What's the best diaper backpack? I want something black that doesn't scream "diaper bag". I want plenty of compartments and pockets, because I don't want the inside to end up looking like my purse. I see a lot on the web, but the only one I have seen in person is the Avent Kitbag. The McKenzie Kids has that miniature bag with it - is that really useful? What one would you buy?

Lucy & Ryan 5/30/2003

Andrea S is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Best backpack diaper bag?

I have the One Step Ahead back pack. I like it plenty of compartments, but I think it is to big for everyday use. I use it when I am flying.

Andrea
    mom to Andrew 8/14/02

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I really like our Avent backpack for everyday use.

cdlamis is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I am a confessed diaper bag addict and have settled on this great diaper backpack from Motherhood Maternity (of all places!)

http://motherhood.com/Product.asp?Pr...rCategory_Id=1

It has tons of compartments, a mash bottle/sippy cup holder on one side, a cell phone pocket on the other side, an outer pocket that opens all the way up with even more compartments inside. It also has an open pocket in the back that holds my keys and wallet.

It's very lightweight and functional. It's a great size for everyday use. It has so many little compartments and pockets, that I just use the inside area for big items- a drawstring bag for diapers/wipes, changing pad, and a few books, and my water bottle. There are 2 pcokets inside too but I rarely need them or use them.
    And its only $17!!
    Hope this helps~

Daniella
    Mom to Julia 6-13-02
    http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=...21b32dc745c42b

dotgirl is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We have the Baby Sherpa (http://www.babysherpa.com/) and we like it quite a bit. (Mind you, we haven't had the baby yet, so it's currently just packed for the hospital.) My husband didn't want something that screamed "diaper bag", and this is perfect. (It cost, as I recall, around $80 - we bought it online.)

booboo1 Guest

I found one on www.ebags.com. It is by a manufacturer called "Safeline Kids". They had a pretty wide selection, so if you don't like that one, there are other options!

Good luck.

twizzli is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

We have the Babytrend Activpak (from BRU.com) which we use for weekend trips/plane flights. We still use the Similac freebie for walks. The Activpak has a separate "diaper gear" pocket, some front pockets, 2 side pocket for bottles, comes with a changing pad, dirtyduds bag and an insulated food bag and insulated bottle sleeve (which does not fit avent bottles so we don't use it. It comes in black and navy microfiber.

I have this one too. Doesn't look like a diaper bag at all and was about $30 at BRU. I find it way too big now that DS is almost 8 mos and I realized I don't have to tote the whole house with me, though ;) I like it for daycare and longer trips, but it barely fits into the basket on my COmbi COnvenience (and it's a large basket!) and it's not convenient for shorter trips. It's a great bag and a great value, though, with all the "extras".
    Edit to add link http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...=glance&s=baby

Lynne
    Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03