slecompte Guest

Default Buggybagg or covers4kids?? Please help!

Ok, I am trying to just order one and get it over with. "IF" money is not the issue, which one would you get.

Here are my concerns:

cover4kids:
    Not as padded

Buggybagg
    Too bulky for some rest highchairs, even though most said they fit ok??

It appears that overall the buggybagg is well made, but I keep hearing it is too bulky. On the other hand I hear cover4kids is not padded enough. There just doesn't seem to be the "perfect" one.

Thanks!

Sheila

Default RE: Buggybagg or covers4kids?? Please help!

Sheila-

I have the Buggybagg and love, love, love it.

Sophie is a small baby (17 lbs. at nearly 12m old), so I actually NEED to bulk to keep her from falling out of the highchair.

If you take the time to really spread the BB out in the highchair I think it fits fine. If, like DH, you kind of jamb it in there, the bag does bunch up.

One of the reasons I chose the BB is because of the pillow. I needed something to prop Sophie up in the beginning.

It rolls into itself and zips into a kind of "bedroll", which is nice. She has two stuffed animals that we keep in the BB to keep her company. I'm able to keep those, along with some wipes, a spare dipe or two and burp rag in the BB and still close it.

All I can say is that it's highly recommended. I'm sure if you ordered it and didn't like it, they would take it back.

Good luck

-m
    Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04

cinrein Guest

I love my buggybagg too! I don't regret my purchase at all and wouldn't change a thing about it.

Anna is a big 9 month old and so far we're still OK in the restaurant high chairs. I think it will fit nicely until she gets over her fascination with sucking on straps.

If you go to www.safebeginnings.com and scroll down to the group discounts area on the left side. Enter the code "GW" into the box and then start shopping. You can get the buggybagg for $55.96.

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

slecompte Guest

Thanks so much for the reply and the code!!

Sheila

I LOVE the Buggy Bagg and use it all of the time. I think it is worth every penny and would not hesitate to buy it again. I agree with the above poster on all points.

Lisa
    Mom to Allie Nicole
    3-10-03

Rachels is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I totally agree! We have the Buggy Bagg and love it love it love it. We've never had a problem in restaurant high chairs. And with that code, I'd buy it in a minute!

-Rachel
    Mom to Abigail Rose
    5/18/02

I know I am in the minority here but I have a cover from covers4kids, and honestly, I would not want it any more padded. I might feel a bit differently if dd couldn't sit up but I used the Bjorn when we were out when she was younger and have put her in shopping carts several times with no cover (bad mom, I know). So maybe after her being in a plain old cart, I just feel spoiled by my covers4kids. I just don't need anything bigger to haul around.

Kim

LucyG is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Another vote here for covers4kids. I think it's plenty padded. I have not been concerned at all about the safety or lack of padding, and the customer service and actual product are great. You can always use a blanket to prop with, if you feel the need for that.

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

ITA!! My covers4kids cover offers everything that I need. I don't feel that substantial padding is necessary - Colin is fine without it. But I think that you will be happy with whatever you buy, for the most part. So go with what is within your budget. If you can swing the $55+ for the Buggybagg and that's what you want, then buy it. If you can't/don't want to spend that much, then go for the $33 cover from covers4kids.com.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

vikivoly Guest

Another vote for the Buggy Bagg! I love mine. I was probably the one who posted about the bulk in rest. highchairs though. I don't use it in a rest. anymore because of that, but I still love it as a shopping cart cover. I wouldn't want a cart cover that was less padded.