jp96 Guest

Default Skip hop: Too small?

I recently purchased a skip-hop, and I'm not sure if I am the only one who finds it to be too small. I'm wondering if I am just toting too much stuff around, or am totally disorganized?? Does anyone else find this?

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: Skip hop: Too small?

I think that it is an awfully skinny bag (especially for its height) and have mixed feelings about it. Plus, the velcro closure doesn't allow you to pack it very full. I do leave it attached to my stroller to use as a catch-all when we are shopping - drink holder, snack holder, cell phone holder, etc. And when we went to Disney, I filled it with diapers and such and left it on the stroller when we went on rides (took a LT with camera, wallet, etc. on the rides with us).
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

sarahs Guest

I agree! I finally got one after all the great reviews here and I'm really having a hard time warming up to it. I loved the organization of the Mothership, but couldn't get it to fit on my double stroller. I figured the Skip Hop would be perfect. I realy just wanted a bag to hang on the stroller while shopping. But, I find with only the bare neccessities everything is all squished together, and if I needed to actually get to a diaper to do a change, I would have to really dig. Also the strap thing is bugging me. I don't like having to clip and unclip the strap everytime.

I'm going to give it some more time, but I am really not loving it like I thought I would.

Mine certainly is growing on me. But many of the downfalls mentioned by the pp seem true. I do still find it to be one of the best bags that I have tried or gotten. It does seem to have a learning curve to it (like folding a P3 vs folding a Quattro Tour ;-)). And I find I do need to add organization in the form of cosmetic type bags. I am actually debating getting an Escape Pod wanna be that is clear in the travel bags section at Walmart to see if it helps with some of that since I know a few folks on here have tried that and found it clears up many of the problems and complaints. But even with its downfalls, I think it is a great bag and am using it daily!
    All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
    ~Abraham Lincoln~

jp96 Guest

I'm with you! I wish I could like it since it is ideal to hang on the stroller, but I'm still loving my Kecci better. Seems like my Kecci keeps tipping my Maclaren Quest over when I hang it on the back, which is not good. The basket on the Quest is hard to access, so either I get a smaller bag, or stroller with bigger basket!

If the Quest is your only stroller maybe a different one would be worth it given the tippiness. I know any of my bags tip a Mac unless they are teeny enough to fit in the basket. Do you have another stroller to use (I am thinking I saw you have the Bug from the stroller forum) that you could try the Kecci or Skip on the handle of? The P3 has the diaper bag loops, with carabiners you could easily attach the Kecci so it would hang nicely on the handles. Just some thoughts. :-)
    ~Abraham Lincoln~

jp96 Guest

I do have the bug, but right now I'm at a high frustration level with it, and I will only use it when my DH is around since I can't open the thing! It is awesome when it is open. It sits in my trunk along side my Quest, which I use. I'm thinking maybe I should get something like a P3 or Aria. I'm also considering the MBUS but think the back wheels may be too big for the stores and mall.

Ugh, how frustrating!!! I have a hard time keeping names and id's straight and panicked after posting wondering if my foot was in my mouth. ;-) I am relieved I got the right person.

IMO the P3 makes a great mall stroller. It is very cushy, has the umbrella handles and will not tip even with tons of bags, and still folds to a smaller size than many similar strollers. I have the Pliko (previous model to P3) and it has served well in that capacity. I have had quite a few Macs because though I like the lightness and compact fold, they seem to either lack features I need (like recline, legrest or large hood) or just drive me crazy from being tippy.

I will say (diaperbag-wise) that part of what makes me think I need the Kecci is the ability for it to work well with my Peregos, lol. It is certainly a very stylish bag, and I just love the look of it. The SH is working well for me daily, but I know there are going to be times I wish it were *cuter*, not baby cute but trendy cute.

GL finding the right matches with strollers and diaper bags. :-)
    ~Abraham Lincoln~

jp96 Guest

I love my Kecci...don't hesitate to get one! In fact, I just bought a second! Thanks for the input!