Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default RE: Post your Ella bag designs here! Help me please..:)

Okay girls...

First of all, I don't even know what size I want to get...I'm due in February w/ our first. So far I have a LE new little tripper, and just ordered the DIA (classic, not the new one) as well. THese are my ever-so-practical bags. I figure they will work in terms of a smaller bag for shorter outings and a big bag for longer outings (and I tend to overpack). I want a fun bag though too!!! :)

BTDT moms...should I go with a "medium" sized bag between these two? What would work well...should I go w/ an Elaine or stick w/ a Lily since I'll be an overpacker expecially in the beginning?

Also, our Inglesina Zippy stroller is the FN6 color, which is olive green with a "smokey turquoise" trim (like the "dusty turquoise" shown on the LE website. That's the easiest way to explain it. Not bright at all, not dark blue/navy either).

I don't know if it is new mom dorkiness or not, but I want the bag to
    *somewhat* match the stroller (at least not clash!!!), but I have no idea what to go with! My stroller is sort of "modern" looking I guess, so I want a fun bag to go with it.

Here are some of my ideas...

1. Roman glass stone upper w/ dark denim bottom and a band of some color
    2. Kiwi stripe top (if it didn't clash w/ olive...I'd need a swatch I guess) and denim bottom (again, w/ some band)
    3. Cabana stripe ocean w/ denim bottom and a band of some type...

I can't even get to the point of worrying about interiors yet, but I'd probably go w/ something lighter in color and solid.

Did any of you request a swatch? I'm not sure if Aimee can even do this. If not, I guess I'll call her and get her input as far as what would not totally clash with the olive (I think it is hard to tell w/ a lot of the greens on her website...I'm not sure how bright they are...like the kiwi stripe for example).

Thanks for any advice...:)

Beth

cvharris Guest

Default RE: Post your Ella bag designs here! Help me please..:)

I went to the Inglesina website and took a look at your stroller. I think the roman glass stone looks like it has the same olive color in the background, so if you're trying to match your stroller, I think that is the best choice. Your stroller has some black in it, too, right? So you might consider black for the bottom.

Hard to tell with the kiwi or cabana stripe ocean in terms of matching the stroller. These were the two I considered b/c I like stripes and they are very springy. Your stroller looks more fall colored to me with the olive. I got the kiwi and she said it was a bright lime green, accented with light blue and periwinkle, light pink and burgundy, and cream. I love lime green with dark denim.

Another thought, the topsy turvy sage also looks like it matches, if that's your style.

I would send Aimee and e-mail with the stroller picture and see if she has any ideas? And you can ask her about the swatches.

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Burberry Style

Here's what I ordered:

Backpack in Burberry Nova plaid (it's on order!)
    Small Makeup Back
    Vinyl Inside
    PaciBag
    Changing Pad
    Extra Pockets

Can't wait...I'll post a pic when I get it!

Laura
    mom to William

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default RE: Burberry Style

CV Harris-
    Thanks for the suggestions. I think some may be too limey. I emailed Aimee and she said she has several fabrics that have olivey colors in them, she's going to look and then let me know. Swatches are 1.00 per 4 inchx4inch swatch including shipping, so I asked her to pick out a few that she thought might match.

The inglesina website doesn't do a good job depicting the olive color on their site unfortunately. It looks almost grayish on most people's monitors. It is much more olive than it looks on there, which makes it tougher to match. There is black, but that is pretty much just the basket. The trim is blue around the canopy and on the napper bar. So it makes it tough to give Aimee a good idea, unless I can get a good pic w/ the digitial camera of the stroller color. If she can find a few swatches for me, that would help tremendously. She's getting back to me tomorrow w/ more info.

Thanks for looking for me!! I appreicate it:)

Beth

Laura, she has the Burberry plaid too? I didn't see it on her web site. If this is true, then all bets are off and I'm getting my backpack in this fabric! :)

Thanks!

Default RE: Post your Ella bag designs here!

You guys are so funny. I am frantically packing to go out of town until next week and I'm not going to get a chance to obsess (I mean choose my fabric) and order before I leave. It is way too hard of a choice!!! I might get two of them, especially with the burberry option now.

I'll have to catch up with all of these great design ideas when I get back next week I guess. This has been very exciting and I hope we all love our bags!!!!!

:)
    Mom to R and R

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

It's not on the website...I emailed her telling her what I'd *like" and she emailed back saying she'd just ordered a few yards of it! YEAH!!!!

I'm not into whimsical prints...more "classic" stuff so this'll fit the bill for me!

Laura
    mom to William

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The red twill doesn't match the dragonfly...she said the shades are different.

Also, on the website it showed $5 to add vinyl to the changing pad, so that's the price I got. She said whatever she was looking at had a typo.

Is that the lighter-blue burberry? ooh...I like that!

Maureen, I like those stripes. Take this with a grain of totally-non-trendy-up-to-date-with-latest-styles grain of salt, but...

I'd get the stripes vertical with a solid to match the periwinkle or lighter green (or pink if you like pink). Ostrich trim...what about the mardi gras? I like her example where the trim matches the interior. In any case, just not the same color as the bottom. I would definitely has Aimee her opinion. She answered my questions in email a few times before I decided and called her.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast